PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Mike Veeck?

Medford Bobby
02-24-2004, 07:52 PM
I read that he left the Tigers as a PR guy, then was with some minor league clubs (St.Paul?) and was with Tampa as well. Last time I read an article that he was laying low because his daughter has some disease with her eyesight. Then I read he was with the Tigers?? MY question to all Sox fans is this guy too dangerous for MLB promotions?? Would he be an improvement over Rob "Our research tells us" Gallas ................and has Mike not forgiven the "The Sunshine Boys" since they took over the club from his dad, and called them scum..........??? Why is he moving so much around baseball??? :whiner: His best quote about the the new park after the Sox left Old Comiskey is "they did not take the fun along with them to the new park".................Whats all your perception of Mike Veeck these days??????????? :?:

:gallas "Our research tells us you people would get bored quick with beer case stacking night"

Rex Hudler
02-24-2004, 08:18 PM
I hear disco demolition night would be a good idea? ;)

Daver
02-24-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
I hear disco demolition night would be a good idea? ;)

The Sox already blew the chance to promote the 25th anniversary of that.

Rex Hudler
02-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Daver

So don't celebrate the anniversary, just do it again! :)

jortafan
02-24-2004, 08:47 PM

How did they blow the chance? The 25th anniversary comes up later this year.

Daver
02-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
How did they blow the chance? The 25th anniversary comes up later this year.

I did my math wrong.

It isn't the first time I've done that.

:bandance:

Brian26
02-24-2004, 09:48 PM
I did my math wrong.

It isn't the first time I've done that.

:bandance:

They're off on July 12, the day before the All-Star Game.
July 11, a Sunday, is a home game.

Baby Fisk
02-25-2004, 09:06 AM
Maybe it could be modernized to Diva Demolition Night? :D:

Dan H
02-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
I read that he left the Tigers as a PR guy, then was with some minor league clubs (St.Paul?) and was with Tampa as well. Last time I read an article that he was laying low because his daughter has some disease with her eyesight. Then I read he was with the Tigers?? MY question to all Sox fans is this guy too dangerous for MLB promotions?? Would he be an improvement over Rob "Our research tells us" Gallas ................and has Mike not forgiven the "The Sunshine Boys" since they took over the club from his dad, and called them scum..........??? Why is he moving so much around baseball??? :whiner: His best quote about the the new park after the Sox left Old Comiskey is "they did not take the fun along with them to the new park".................Whats all your perception of Mike Veeck these days??????????? :?:

Mike's daughter is going blind and that is more than devastating for any parent. I understand that he has controlling interest in two minor league teams. He has bounced around a little at the major league, and I don't have any explanation for that. Regardless, I was under the impression that he was more than busy with his minor league teams.

:gallas "Our research tells us you people would get bored quick with beer case stacking night"

ode to veeck
02-25-2004, 11:16 AM
coulda done upper deck disco demolition night and taken out something useful to be gone

too many catholics in chicago for free vasectomy night to work here either

actually I like the idea of a tamer anniversary of disco demo night, and put the demons from that catastrophy to rest

ode to veeck
02-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Maybe it could be modernized to Diva Demolition Night?

I hear Janet Jackson's available, now that she's off the Lena Horne special :D:

voodoochile
02-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
They're off on July 12, the day before the All-Star Game.
July 11, a Sunday, is a home game.

Man, that would be hilarious. The league is taking their annual break and getting ready for their showcase event and meanwhile on the southside of Chicago...

BOOM!

I am sure that would go over like a lead balloon at MLB HQ...

ozzman
02-25-2004, 12:55 PM

I turn 25 on July 12 this year. I was born on disco demolition day. Maybe thats why I hate disco so much :smile:

CubKilla
02-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Maybe it could be modernized to Diva Demolition Night? :D:

Add that "American Idol" crap to the bin to be demolished. Feel free to add the boy bands too.

soxnut
02-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Add that "American Idol" crap to the bin to be demolished. Feel free to add the boy bands too.

I love American Idol.........................

I SAY MAKE IT HIP-HOP/RAP DEMOLITION , AS WELL AS SUB-WOOFER DEMOLITION----THAT'S WHAT CRAP REALLY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D: :D:

Tekijawa
02-25-2004, 04:01 PM
How about Disco Revival night... Or what if we blow up a cursed baseball? What about BALCO-POLOOZA?