PDA

View Full Version : Buerhle, Loaiza, and the cards

Palehose13
02-24-2004, 06:21 PM
I heard Buerhle on North's show today. First, that was awesome of him to let Loiaza start the last game last year to get 21 wins. Second, very classy of Loaiza to remember and give opening day to Buerhle. Third, North asked about Maddux and Buerhle said that he had hoped that he would have signed with the cards. North, not listening as usual, thought Mark said that wishes HE would have signed with the cards. Buerhle said something like "Can we give this a rest, I am here for the next four years. I wanted Maddux on the cards!" Gotta love that he hates the flubs like we do. :)

OneDog
02-24-2004, 06:27 PM
I think this whole Buehrle on the Cards thing just got blown way out of proportion. Every baseball player growing up dreams to play for the team he rooted for as a child, it's just that most don't voice it for fear it will be interpreted the wrong way.

Palehose13
02-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by OneDog
I think this whole Buehrle on the Cards thing just got blown way out of proportion. Every baseball player growing up dreams to play for the team he rooted for as a child, it's just that most don't voice it for fear it will be interpreted the wrong way.
And rightfully so because of what Buerhle went through. Josh Paul was highly publicized for being able to play on the team he followed as a kid. Why would we expect other ballplayers to not care where they play? Of course they would want to play wiht their favorite team, but many don't get that opportunity. Hopefully, we can win Buerhle's heart in the next four years. Heck, we have one thing going for us...us and card fans feel the same way about the cubs.