PDA

View Full Version : Is it right to chant, "steroids"?

MRKARNO
02-24-2004, 05:15 PM
So a lot of people have suspected that Jason Giambi or Sammy Sosa are on steroids. Is it right to chant, "Steeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrroiiids" at a game? I think that it would be for Sosa because we all genuinely hate him, but for someone like Giambi, the farthest it should be taken is a bunch of signs.

Is it right to accuse a player of steroids and chant it out at a game? Or is it really just McCarthyism like Dusty Baker mentioned?

As far as I'm concerned, only Sosa would deserve such a treatment.

mantis1212
02-24-2004, 05:29 PM
[clapping hands]
A-na-bol-ic! A-na-bol-ic! A-na-bol-ic!

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-24-2004, 05:29 PM
At most parks you won't hear a chant for Giambi. Whenever the yankees are in any town, most of the fans that show up root for the yankees! I've heard the fans at Fenway chant things like jeter blows so I wouldn't put the steriods chant past them. If Giambi were smart, he'd get earplugs like Sosa did for the Sox series last year at the cell.

doctor30th
02-24-2004, 05:38 PM
You know I don't think its right to Chant steroids, if you want to chant anything for sammy, chant things that we know are true like:

Cheater
Wife Beater
Cork Master
Idoit who leaves $5000 dollars wrapped in a towel in a hotel room in a foriegn country.

The last one might be a little hard to get out.

AOEllis
02-24-2004, 06:14 PM
I heard it was a lot more than $5000, I believe I heard around $20K.

Rocklive99
02-24-2004, 07:07 PM
You can chant whatever you want, you paid for the ticket

fquaye149
02-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
So a lot of people have suspected that Jason Giambi or Sammy Sosa are on steroids. Is it right to chant, "Steeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrroiiids" at a game? I think that it would be for Sosa because we all genuinely hate him, but for someone like Giambi, the farthest it should be taken is a bunch of signs.

Is it right to accuse a player of steroids and chant it out at a game? Or is it really just McCarthyism like Dusty Baker mentioned?

As far as I'm concerned, only Sosa would deserve such a treatment.

mccarthyism? ha! dusty needs to check in to reality hotel. while mccarthy's evidence of communism was dubious at best, and impossible to contradict, anyone with a sammy sosa rookie card and a picture from him last year can put together a strong case for steroid abuse. or a copy of his career statistics. or a year by year breakdown of his weight....

and sammy sosa could have easily proven these allegations wrong with a steroids test...he was given the chance by rick reilly. i bet the people whose lives were wrongly ruined by mccarthy's allegations wished they could have easily taken a urine test to prove they weren't communists.

cheer steroids. please!

Jerko
02-24-2004, 08:20 PM
I think fans SHOULD yell STEROIDS at certain players at games. Maybe if the MLB, those bastions of integrity and innocence, see it happening enough on SportCenter, they might do something about it. Nah, who am I crappin?

MRKARNO
02-24-2004, 09:05 PM
But if we did it, how would the media react to it? As fans upset with the steroid situation or just those dirty stupid sox fans insulting the players?

Happy Felsch Fan
02-24-2004, 09:33 PM
I think that the proper yell would be "Juice, Juice"

Of course the born again players would think that the yell was, "Jews,Jews, and that they were being blamed for the death of Christ.

Jerko
02-25-2004, 08:55 AM
But if we did it, how would the media react to it? As fans upset with the steroid situation or just those dirty stupid sox fans insulting the players?

I think if we do it to everyone that is a "suspect", and not just Scammy, they should at least see that we are consistent and can't accuse us of picking on the warm and fuzzys.

Brian26
02-25-2004, 09:02 AM
One of the best chants I've ever heard at a game was actually at an NL park in the mid 80's when Gooden and Strawberry were in the outfield during BP.

"Just Say No! Just Say No! Just Say No!"

Kittle
02-25-2004, 09:03 AM

These guys get paid so much that it would be ridiculous for them to complain about accusational taunts. Just shut up and make your millions.

FWIW, I'd be first in line to chant, "Race-baiting idiot!" when Dusty comes to The Cell.

kittle42
02-25-2004, 06:08 PM

You're assuming the media will actually send reporters to Sox games this year.

And I think fans should chant whatever they want at whomever they want.

WSox8404
02-25-2004, 10:23 PM
It's so ridiculous that Dusty feels so strongly about this subject. Dusty wonders why reporters ask him about this. Well what the hell is the manager's job? It is to know what is going on with his players. Bonds was a skinny runt when he entered MLB. Sosa was even skinnier. As a matter of fact, Sosa was skinny about 5 years into his carreer. Dusty knows the crap might hit the fan soon and he is starting to get a little nervous.