PDA

View Full Version : Late spring arrival (Question)

gosox3072
02-24-2004, 01:11 PM
In the chisox.com article about frank ariving it says that he really doesnt have to arrive until march 2nd. Anyone know why that is?

steff
02-24-2004, 01:12 PM
According to the CBA I think everyone has to be there by 3/1.

Brian26
02-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by steff
According to the CBA I think everyone has to be there by 3/1.

For what it's worth, the Sporting News Baseball Yearbook lists March 2nd as the mandatory reporting date for all players.

Great read by the way if anyone ever has a chance to pick it up. It was printed a few weeks ago, so some of the recent player transactions aren't included. Still, they do a nice job of summarizing all the teams.

npdempse
02-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Great read by the way if anyone ever has a chance to pick it up. It was printed a few weeks ago, so some of the recent player transactions aren't included. Still, they do a nice job of summarizing all the teams.

I too thought it was cool until I realized that 99% of its content was lifted from MLB.com. :angry:

Brian26
02-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
I too thought it was cool until I realized that 99% of its content was lifted from MLB.com. :angry:

Yeah, I noticed all of the individual writers were from the various mlb websites. Still, it's a good read, and I can't read MLB.com on the train anyway :) It's depressing that most of the guys forecast a Cubs/Carmines World Series though.