PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 2/24/04


Hangar18
02-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Chicago Cub-Times:
3 cub stories
2 sox stories

Chicago Cubune:
3 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings as of 2/24/04

Cubs 51
Sox 22

Northside fan
02-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Chicago Cub-Times:
3 cub stories
2 sox stories

Chicago Cubune:
3 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings as of 2/24/04

Cubs 51
Sox 22

Hangar, just curious, are you attempting to get something out of this? Are you on a personal crusade to sway the media to give you more Sox stories?

CHISOXFAN13
02-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Knowing that this really has nothing to do with the actual game, can we shift this media watch to the parking lot?

I get tired of having to look past it to get to the baseball pertinent threads.

thecell
02-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Knowing that this really has nothing to do with the actual game, can we shift this media watch to the parking lot?

I get tired of having to look past it to get to the baseball pertinent threads.

Is there anything else the rest of can do to accomodate your preferences?

CHISOXFAN13
02-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by thecell
Is there anything else the rest of can do to accomodate your preferences?

It was a simple request, one which did not require your type of answer.

Since you like to bash my idea, why don't you explain to me how the news media watch is relevent as a baseball topic.

poorme
02-24-2004, 03:08 PM
It's relevant.

kittle42
02-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
It was a simple request, one which did not require your type of answer.

Since you like to bash my idea, why don't you explain to me how the news media watch is relevent as a baseball topic.

If there was no media, you would have no idea what was happening in baseball.

thecell
02-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
It was a simple request, one which did not require your type of answer.

Since you like to bash my idea, why don't you explain to me how the news media watch is relevent as a baseball topic.

I was merely asking if there was anything to make your experience at the site more convenient. We can have someone prescreen everyone's posts to make sure you don't have to read any that are not pertinent to what you are looking to read.

CHISOXFAN13
02-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey, it was just an idea. If the majority likes it being in the clubhouse, then I'm all for it!

thecell
02-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Hey, it was just an idea. If the majority likes it being in the clubhouse, then I'm all for it!

Sorry, I was just being a smartass. Plus, hangar has been posting these for as long as I can remember. :gulp:

CHISOXFAN13
02-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by thecell
Sorry, I was just being a smartass. Plus, hangar has been posting these for as long as I can remember. :gulp:

It's all good, and I have no problem with the nesmedia watch and appreciate Henry for taking the time to calculate everything. Frankly, I find it very interesting most of the time. But to me, it's pretty obvious why the Cubs have dominated the pages of the papers.

That was the basic reason for my rant.

I usually can agree with the complaining about the lack of coverage, but until we do something worthwhile, I can't complain right now.

bennyw41
02-24-2004, 03:24 PM
I understand where's he coming from. Isn't obvious by now that there is a bias. What are we getting out of poisting it? It just makes us look bitter. (Which most of us are, but why publicize it)

npdempse
02-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by thecell
Sorry, I was just being a smartass. Plus, hangar has been posting these for as long as I can remember. :gulp:

Man, that second post of yours was priceless. Rude as hell, but priceless.

I thought the admins made Hangar make it into one running thread, but I guess that lapsed. Anyway, it doesn't bother me, though I do think it's a little silly these days given that the Sox are doing NOTHING newsworthy. We don't even have any 'roid freaks to speculate about.

CHISOXFAN13
02-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Nice little blurb in Sneed's column today about Buck Weaver ppossibly being reinstated.

Hangar18
02-25-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13


I usually can agree with the complaining about the lack of coverage, but until we do something worthwhile, I can't complain right now.

If we put the NewsWatch somewhere in the "back" where it wont be seen right away, will be the equivalent of Ignoring the Problem or ...... sweeping it under the rug.