PDA

View Full Version : Joe Crede

lowesox
02-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Is it just me or does nobody ever talk about Crede? I think he's probably the most exciting player on this team - not to mention one of the only guys (Olivo too) who actually have a chance of winning a world series on the White Sox.

Well, I predict Crede will send out a big reminder for us this year. PREDICTION: He'll be batting 5th by the end of the year, with .285, 25 HRS and 100 RBIS.

WinningUgly!
02-23-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Well, I predict Crede will send out a big reminder for us this year. PREDICTION: He'll be batting 5th by the end of the year, with .285, 25 HRS and 100 RBIS.

I could see Crede putting up numbers close to that. He did flirt with the triple crown in the minors a few times. I'd love to see him get the chance to hit up in the order.

LASOXFAN
02-23-2004, 11:15 PM
It's time for Joe to step up, no doubt about it. The first half of last year was so disappointing. I don't know who I cursed more, him or Konerko. I hope he got his ya-ya's out and is ready to put up some numbers. Cause we know he's cool in the hot box, that's for sure.

quade36
02-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Is it just me or does nobody ever talk about Crede? I think he's probably the most exciting player on this team - not to mention one of the only guys (Olivo too) who actually have a chance of winning a world series on the White Sox.

I can see Crede putting up these kind of numbers

.315 30 115

bc2k
02-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Crede sucks and his defense is overrated. Rowand will have more hits, higher batting average, higher OBP, play better defense at a more important position, and will help the Sox more than Crede will in 2004.

This shouldn't sound as radical as it does. AROW beat Crede in OBP, AVG, and even SLG last year! Granted, AROW had almost 400 less at bats than Crede in 2003. I don't know how many of you realize this, but if Konerko is traded, the 26-year-old Crede becomes the team's slowest runner. I can see the cheapo Sox getting the most out of him until he's a FA, but they better not give this boner an extension until he can hit the 5 spot.

There is nothing worse than a nasally mumbler like Crede who thinks he's a home run hitter. POS, run your hillbilly tooth to the wall and make a catch dork. This guy is Bartman without the headphones. Hey dork, it's April in Chicago, what's with the squinting?

HITMEN OF 77
02-24-2004, 01:21 AM
I doubt if Rowand has better numbers than Crede this year. Crede is a better pure hitter than Rowand. Crede should really shine this year and hopefyully he will as well as Rowand. I would rather have Crede than Rowand on my team.

SoxxoS
02-24-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Crede sucks and his defense is overrated.

I realize you are trying to prove a point, but starting your message off with pooh like this is no way to do so.

MRKARNO
02-24-2004, 09:34 AM
Well I guess that this is the year if we find out if his minor league numbers, his 2002 callup and his 2nd half of 2003 was a fluke or if the total season stats of 2003 and the 1st half were the real deal. It's the difference between .265-20-80 and .300-30-100 and between role player and a star.