PDA

View Full Version : Rotoworld predicts our lineup

MRKARNO
02-23-2004, 10:20 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=MLB

Carlos Lee, the usual No. 5 hitter, will probably bat second versus southpaws. As of right now, it appears that the White Sox will usually use a lineup of: Willie Harris, Valentin, Frank Thomas, Magglio Ordonez, Lee, Paul Konerko, Joe Crede, Aaron Rowand and Miguel Olivo. Against left-handers, Konerko and Crede would move up and Juan Uribe would start at shortstop and bat eighth or ninth.

vs RHP

Harris
Valentin
Thomas
Ordonez
Lee
Konerko
Crede
Rowand
Olivo

vs LHP
Harris
Lee
Thomas
Ordonez
Konerko
Crede
Rowand
Uribe
Olivo

SEALgep
02-23-2004, 10:34 PM
With the Royals predicted rotation, we will be facing lefties our two first games.

Jerko
02-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Can't our fiery new manager "MAKE" Valentin bat lefty all the time? Does he really need to be platooned? He played every day back in 2000, the last time we actually WON the division. I just can't see our first 2 games against a division foe with a Uribe/Harris DP combo.

SEALgep
02-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Can't our fiery new manager "MAKE" Valentin bat lefty all the time? Does he really need to be platooned? He played every day back in 2000, the last time we actually WON the division. I just can't see our first 2 games against a division foe with a Uribe/Harris DP combo. He tried batting lefty against everyone in winter ball and batted .115. I think platooning is the way to go, at least a lot of the times.

Brian26
02-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=MLB
Valentin
Thomas
Ordonez
Lee
Konerko

This depresses me for some reason. I don't want to see Frank or Mags leave, and I'm a big fan of Caballo and Manos. Yet, this is the same 5-man nucleus that we've been in a funk with since the 2000 playoff disaster. This is the same nucleus that was supposed to be shaken up this offseason to bring in some grinders. I hope things turn around this year.

quade36
02-23-2004, 11:31 PM
I really am not to keen on having Konerko and Crede bat next to each other.

Jerko
02-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
This depresses me for some reason. I don't want to see Frank or Mags leave, and I'm a big fan of Caballo and Manos. Yet, this is the same 5-man nucleus that we've been in a funk with since the 2000 playoff disaster. This is the same nucleus that was supposed to be shaken up this offseason to bring in some grinders. I hope things turn around this year.

And add to that the specter of seeing Uribe/Olivo/Harris back to back to back. Talk about 8 men out! We'll need Lee to go 5-5 with 5 homers UNLESS Mags and Paulie quit hitting into DPs!

Brian26
02-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
And add to that the specter of seeing Uribe/Olivo/Harris back to back to back. Talk about 8 men out! We'll need Lee to go 5-5 with 5 homers UNLESS Mags and Paulie quit hitting into DPs!

Heh heh. We might as well have out pitcher bat. Talk about 3 easy outs.