5 cub stories (including 2 cubfluff stories about the stupid
bartman ball)
2 sox stories

Standings as of 2/23/04, Cubs already, hold a COMMANDING lead

Cubs 45
Sox 17

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-23-2004, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if the Sox have more articles when the rest of the players report to camp(Thursay?). You know the media loves to write those anti Thomas articles and how he's ignored ozzie and kenny all winter long.

WSox8404
02-24-2004, 11:04 AM
When you think about it, about half of all Sox articles are based on the relationship between Frank and Ozzie. I would hate to see how many articles would be written on the Sox if those two actually got along.

Fungo
02-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Off the subject of newspaper articles, I was listening to the Score this morning and couldn't help but notice that Murph and Fred were speculating about the names that will be release in the BALCO fiasco. The three names Murph seemed to really focus in on were Bonds, Tejada and Giambi. I guess there is a picture in one of the NY papers that shows a very slimmed down version of Giambi and they keep playing a clip of Giambi saying he is only 4 lbs. lighter than last year. Meanwhile, I'm driving to work listening to this drivel, wondering when he is gonna bring up the biggest juice-head of them all who plays for his beloved team. What a hypocrite. Absolutely laughable the denial that goes along with being a cub fan.

mantis1212
02-24-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Fungo
Off the subject of newspaper articles, I was listening to the Score this morning and couldn't help but notice that Murph and Fred were speculating about the names that will be release in the BALCO fiasco. The three names Murph seemed to really focus in on were Bonds, Tejada and Giambi. I guess there is a picture in one of the NY papers that shows a very slimmed down version of Giambi and they keep playing a clip of Giambi saying he is only 4 lbs. lighter than last year. Meanwhile, I'm driving to work listening to this drivel, wondering when he is gonna bring up the biggest juice-head of them all who plays for his beloved team. What a hypocrite. Absolutely laughable the denial that goes along with being a cub fan.

My worry is that BALCO is the only lab to get busted, because it's my belief that Sammy doesn't go through BALCO. It seems BALCO was strictly for west coast players. I'm hoping Sammy lab gets busted too so he doesn't somehow get cleared because his name doesn't come out...

Fungo
02-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by mantis1212
My worry is that BALCO is the only lab to get busted, because it's my belief that Sammy doesn't go through BALCO. It seems BALCO was strictly for west coast players. I'm hoping Sammy lab gets busted too so he doesn't somehow get cleared because his name doesn't come out...
Good point, I never really thought of that until you brought it up. BALCO, Bay Area Labratories~~~. Could be the reason he wasn't mentioning Sofa. The cubs will come out smelling like a rose again.

wdelaney72
02-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Given last year's results and this year's GM activity (or lack of), the Cub should be getting more press. I don't like it, but the fact is the Cub are the biggest baseball story in town.

The Sox weren't in the playoffs last year. They have basically the same team returning less a quality starter. I understand the local and National sports media is biased toward the Cub, but this year they've earned it. Wake up Jerry and learn something!

IlliniSox
02-24-2004, 02:10 PM
I'd say add the Southtown, but I've noticed its even 3:2 Chub/Sox in there. Sick.