PDA

View Full Version : Bill Adee on CLTV

SoxFan76
02-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Who just watched this loser. I understand the Sox aren't as good on paper as the Cubs, but he didn't really give a good synopsis of the team. He just sounded like a Cubs fan. "Trade Frank for the 5th starter". That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Said a minor leaguer will most likely take that 5th starter spot, but failed to mention ANY names. This guy is a Tribune reporter (obviously, it was on CLTV) and he really didn't impress me.

Foulke You
02-23-2004, 07:09 PM
CLTV is a mouthpiece for the Chicago Cubs franchise. Try to avoid the Tribune owned C.ub L.overs T.ele V.ision at all costs. The crap you hear from that channel will just upset you. They offer no objective insight into the Sox and it is shocking how little they know about their subject matter considering it is their job to talk Chicago sports. Let them go cover the Bartman ball "execution" ceremony.

SoxFan76
02-23-2004, 07:49 PM
They are very closed minded. My football team won the state championship this year, and their coverage was very biased towards Driscoll, Carmel, and Lockport. Although we were the underdog, they didn't seem to look into the facts, like that we beat 3 undefeated teams, including the indestructible East St. Louis , to win the state champioship. Sorry, went off on a tangent a little bit, but I have realized they are a very poor station when covering sports.

Hangar18
02-23-2004, 10:09 PM
if what you say really Happened, this guy is
obviously ABSOLUTELY LAZY. why would one trade a
Frank thomas for a 5th Starter? When Teams like the Pirates and Reds and Marlins are GIVING thier players away

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-23-2004, 10:13 PM
I think I actually talked to this guy a few years ago when I was trying to find a person to interview for a school report. Didn't interview him though

thepaulbowski
02-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
When Teams like the Pirates and Reds and Marlins are GIVING thier players away

Who are the Marlins giving away? They seem to have kept their team pretty well intact.

Brian26
02-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
Who are the Marlins giving away? They seem to have kept their team pretty well intact.

Except for not giving Pudge a key to the bank vault, they did ok.