PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting Cubs/Sox tickets for Wrigley

Iwritecode
02-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Be warned, the tickets will go on sale at the box office at 8AM.

Tickets through phone and the web will go on sale 2 hours later at 10AM. So in other words, the most popular games (Cubs/Sox) will probably be sold out before the phone lines even open.

A friend of mine wanted to get opening day tickets until I told him about this. Now he's trying to figure out how to take a couple of days off work to drive into Chicago...

mantis1212
02-23-2004, 01:24 PM
THat's a first, at least in the past couple years. I've always been able to get the tickets over the phone, but not this year it seems...

Foulke You
02-23-2004, 01:26 PM
That sucks. I wanted to try to land tickets to the crosstown series there since I won't be able to make it to 2 of the 3 games at Comiskey. There is no way in hell I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to hang out with a bunch of Cubs fans in Wrigleyville. I'll take my chances with tickets.com and pray there are some tickets left I guess.

Iwritecode
02-23-2004, 01:29 PM
If nothing else, I'm sure you'll be able to get tickets from the ticket broker a block away that's also owned by the Cubs .

Weren't they also one of the first to start pricing tickets based on the team they were playing that day?

I've never seen an organization screw their fans so many different ways in regards to ticket sales and nobody complains about it. Or if they are, the media sure doesn't report it...

Iwritecode
02-23-2004, 01:40 PM
On the Website:
The virtual waiting room will begin accepting customers at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, February 27th.

Customers will be randomly selected from the virtual waiting room to begin buying tickets at 10:00 a.m.

At the Wrigley Field Box Office:
Tickets will go on sale at 8:00 a.m. and a random wristband system will be used. There will be no advantage to "camping out" at the ballpark, as initial position in lines will be established by a random drawing of all wristbands distributed prior to 10:00 p.m. Thursday evening.

Wristbands will be available at Wrigley Field from 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 25th and from 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 26th. There is a limit of one wristband per person.

A random drawing will be held shortly after 6:00 a.m. on Friday, February 27th to determine the starting number for the ticket lines. The winning number will immediately be announced on WGN Radio (720 AM). All other numbers will follow the selected number.

In an effort to provide the best ticket availability for Cubs fans, all customers when receiving a wristband on February 25th or 26th and while purchasing tickets at Wrigley Field on February 27 will be required to show two (2) forms of identification, one of which needs to be a picture ID.

By Telephone:
Tickets can be purchased by telephone through Tickets.com beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, February 27th. The Tickets.com phone number for Illinois callers is 800-The-Cubs (800-843-2827). The phone number for out-of-state callers is 866-652-2827.

Wow, talk about confusing. Why would you need to show two forms of ID when getting a wristband???

npdempse
02-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Wow, talk about confusing. Why would you need to show two forms of ID when getting a wristband???

To try to ensure that only Official Cubs Scalpers are doing the scalping this year.

Hangar18
02-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Im actually OFF all week, and will wait in line with anyone if they need "bodies" to tag along ...........send me a private mssg

mantis1212
02-23-2004, 02:06 PM

So you only get one wristband. I actually will grab a wristband since I only live about 3 miles from there. Gotta have a much black and white in Wrigley as possible!!

Foulke You
02-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by mantis1212
So you only get one wristband. I actually will grab a wristband since I only live about 3 miles from there. Gotta have a much black and white in Wrigley as possible!!

Does anyone know where at the ballpark you get the wristbands from?

I'm considering it...although the thought of dealing with Flub fans that early in the morning is making my stomach churn just thinking about it.

Iwritecode
02-23-2004, 02:18 PM

If it's anything like the ones they give you at Soxfest, they are literally impossible to get off without destroying it. I don't see how anyone could get more than one.

ewokpelts
02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
THat's a first, at least in the past couple years. I've always been able to get the tickets over the phone, but not this year it seems...

phone web sales always start later than in person...but they have been known to hold good seats for phone orders too
Gene

ewokpelts
02-23-2004, 02:34 PM
If nothing else, I'm sure you'll be able to get tickets from the ticket broker a block away that's also owned by the Cubs .

Weren't they also one of the first to start pricing tickets based on the team they were playing that day?

I've never seen an organization screw their fans so many different ways in regards to ticket sales and nobody complains about it. Or if they are, the media sure doesn't report it...

rockies were the first
Gene

ewokpelts
02-23-2004, 02:35 PM

the virtual waiting room sucks...dont use it...sides...they charge more for online tix...makes u glad that the sox are on ticketmaster...eh?

Gene

kittle42
02-23-2004, 02:58 PM
I get the wristband for Cub tickets every year to get the Sox series. The wristabnds are available at Wrigley near Clark/Addison. A few years back, I was the first person to get tickets (I was 4 off from the number they called but completed my transaction first) and was on the front of the Trib wearing my Sox hat and jersey. Not sure whether that was a good or bad thing.

In any event, 3 friends of mine and I are going at staggered times Thursday to get wristbands and the one who winds up closest to the number called will buy the tix.