PDA

View Full Version : TSN's Rosenthal Predicts C, 1B and 3B "Sleepers"

Mickster
02-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Interesting article (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=tsngamessleeperscbb&prov=tsn&type=lgns).

Predicts Olivo and Konerko as "sleepers" as well as Crede as one to watch.

Deadguy
02-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Why is Mark Teixeira listed as a 3B? Are he and Hank Blalock switching positions?

CubKilla
02-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Mickster
Interesting article (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=tsngamessleeperscbb&prov=tsn&type=lgns).

Predicts Olivo and Konerko as "sleepers" as well as Crede as one to watch.

Olivo=Cerrano. He better learn how to hit the offspeed pitch w/movement..... especially the one's on the outside corner. If he does that, watch out.

I'd be surprised if PK has an '04 like his '03. I expect him to rebound although not to a first-half of '02 extent.

Crede? Sound in the field. Needs consistency with the bat. If his "O" catches up to his "D", All-Star potential.

SoxxoS
02-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Deadguy
Why is Mark Teixeira listed as a 3B? Are he and Hank Blalock switching positions?

No, that is a "fantasy opinion" where Tex qualifies as a 3Baseman, where a fantasy owner would most likely play him, b/c it is generally a lot "weaker" position than OF or 1B to find a stud player.

Randar68
02-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Olivo=Cerrano. He better learn how to hit the offspeed pitch w/movement..... especially the one's on the outside corner. If he does that, watch out.

I'd be surprised if PK has an '04 like his '03. I expect him to rebound although not to a first-half of '02 extent.

Crede? Sound in the field. Needs consistency with the bat. If his "O" catches up to his "D", All-Star potential.

Crede did we3ll at the plate in the second half last season. Olivo will improve. It's a huge jump to go from AA to the majors, especially when your primary duty is to learn to call a game and the pitchers you'll be catching...

Quick bat and he has always shown steady improvement when he is given time to adjust.