PDA

View Full Version : Mike Jackson

depy48
02-23-2004, 01:56 AM
Any thoughts on Mike Jackson making the team, let alone being a productive member. I remember him as somebody who was impossible to get a hit off of on Triple Play Baseball for Sega in the late 90's. With those thoughts, i think that maybe Mike Jackson can take the role that Tom Gordon had last year.

SEALgep
02-23-2004, 10:37 AM
He sounds like a solid pick up. Leadership qualities, good arm, and a knows how to be versatile with his pitch selection. If he is healthy, then he'll probably make the team. He has plenty of experience, and if his arm is up to it, I don't see it being a bad move as of yet. We'll have to see how it plays out at ST, but he has already stated he doesn't care what his role is. They can use him any way, and he has throughout his career. So not only is versatile in his pitch selection, but also is versatile in how he can be used. That could be valuable.

ChiSox14305635
02-23-2004, 02:04 PM
I read an article from about 2 years ago saying he was a positive influence in the Twins bullpen. If he can get the job done, put him in the pen.