PDA

View Full Version : Trib left a certain team out in their poll.

chisoxmike
02-23-2004, 01:16 AM
There is a poll on chicagosports.com that asks

"Have Red Sox fans or Cub fans endured more pain?"
I think the White Sox should be in that vote...but I voted for the Cubs.

DSpivack
02-23-2004, 01:29 AM
Disgusting yet not surprising.

Hangar18
02-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Very Kiley-esque. Note how there are No standards
set for determining what is "Tortured" in the first place.
Your simply Made to Believe that here are the 2 most
Tortured fans....now vote on it. Voting in this Poll
actually means your ACKNOWLEDGING the Tribunes Propoganda.
Instead, write a nasty email asking the Trib to let the Readers know what standards/rules they used to determine
just who is the most "tortured". More CubFluff.
What is scary, is its only February. We are going to see CubFluff and Cubpoganda on a Biblical proportion shortly....

TommyJohn
02-23-2004, 01:48 AM
How in the world can a CHICAGO newspaper print a poll like
that and leave the White Sox off? I am absolutely stunned.
It doesn't even take into account other teams who have never
been to the World Series. Unless, of course, the question was
asked tongue-in-cheek, which is a possibility. Still, I can't blame
some people around here who are either A) Paranoid as hell or
B) have a burning hatred of the Chicago Sports media. It sure
seems justified.

ChiSox14305635
02-23-2004, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't have voted. As a Sox fan, if we've waited the 2nd longest amount of time for a WS title, yet can't make the list because we're not plagued with "curses", apathy, or sympathy, then I'll be damned if you get my vote for the other 2. I don't care if it's another 100 years before either gets a title. Screw 'em both.

cheeses_h_rice
02-23-2004, 02:37 PM
Red Sox and Flub fans have made the most of the pity-me-the-poor-fan routine, while the White Sox (thankfully) haven't.

They can have their reputation of being losers and chokers.

sas1974
02-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Red Sox and Flub fans have made the most of the pity-me-the-poor-fan routine, while the White Sox (thankfully) haven't.

They can have their reputation of being losers and chokers.

Exactly. I don't want to be on the same list those two teams, so I am not too upset about it. I don't think Boston wants the Red Sox to win bc then they would have nothing to complain about. They would be just an ordinary team instead of this "poor, tortured franchise."

ChiSox14305635
02-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Exactly. I don't want to be on the same list those two teams, so I am not too upset about it. I don't think Boston wants the Red Sox to win bc then they would have nothing to complain about. They would be just an ordinary team instead of this "poor, tortured franchise."

Even if they won, Yankee fans would still have 25 other reasons to laugh. :D:

Iwritecode
02-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
Even if they won, Yankee fans would still have 25 other reasons to laugh. :D:

You could say the same thing about us. Although I think the cheering of Sox fans would drown out the laughing...

ChiSox14305635
02-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
You could say the same thing about us. Although I think the cheering of Sox fans would drown out the laughing...

Yeah, but we're not in competition with the Yankees. I think the Yankees would look at the White Sox with more sympathy. The Red Sox, they just look down on them.

soxwon
02-23-2004, 11:25 PM
i posted this long ago- i believe.
uncle jerry is thinking, let the cubs and red sox win the series first, this puts all the sympathy for the nation with the white sox, however after the cubs the white sox are the longest suffering team, but everyone thinks its the red sox.
once the cubs and bosox win it, we will be the team that everyyone will root for.
you think i could be right?

Realist
02-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
uncle jerry is thinking, let the cubs and red sox win the series first, this puts all the sympathy for the nation with the white sox, however after the cubs the white sox are the longest suffering team, but everyone thinks its the red sox.
once the cubs and bosox win it, we will be the team that everyyone will root for.

Sorta like how everybody roots for the Blackhawks now that the Red Wings and Rangers have won their cups after long droughts.

Jerko
02-23-2004, 11:33 PM
White Sox fans HAVE suffered the most: we have to share the city with Cub fans.

ChiSox14305635
02-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by soxwon

Honestly, by that time, I don't think anybody would care.

miker
02-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
How in the world can a CHICAGO newspaper print a poll like
that and leave the White Sox off?

You're kidding, right?

Brian26
02-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by miker
You're kidding, right?

It's almost predictable at this point.