PDA

View Full Version : magic number

ode to veeck
09-07-2001, 11:33 PM
for fours months of the season the sox could not win a game when they were at 500 (after opening day, the drought enused),

now they've finally gotten that monkey off their backs and now its the "seven games out" syndrome that's still in their path, no matter what they do they just haven't been able to get any closer than seven games out

well this weekend would be a great time, even if its a little late, to just blow through that one too ...

back to your regular scheduled sox fantasies (whether they be royce can hit and run or sox beat flubs in world series ...)

CLR01
09-07-2001, 11:46 PM
And after tonight the sox will be tied for second place in the division. No longer will we be chasing 2 teams, just one. Unless the twins score 5 runs with 2 outs left

FarWestChicago
09-07-2001, 11:49 PM
And after tonight the sox will be tied for second place in the division. No longer will we be chasing 2 teams, just one. Unless the twins score 5 runs with 2 outs left

:hitless

The Twinks could do that if I was on their team!

CLR01
09-07-2001, 11:55 PM
Royce, if you were on the Twins they would be sitting in a better position than the Mariners. They would definetly break the record for most wins in a season and you would clearly be the league MVP. Plus WS MVP as well.

FarWestChicago
09-07-2001, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Royce, if you were on the Twins they would be sitting in a better position than the Mariners. They would definetly break the record for most wins in a season and you would clearly be the league MVP. Plus WS MVP as well.

:hitless

CLR, I know you are a huge Singleton fan. And I really appreciate the fact that you can subjugate your personal opinions and recognize my increcible excellence in all aspects of the game. It takes a big man to do that.

CLR01
09-08-2001, 12:02 AM
No problem royce, a Hall of Fame player like you should get the credit you deserve.

BTW, i charge $10,000 for every compliment i give you and an extra $25,000 everytime i choose you for PTC. Would you like me to change mine from manos to you??

ode to veeck
09-08-2001, 12:10 AM
west, you been on a roll ever since the "royce is a better baserunner" thread this afternoon ... I can't stop laughing