PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 2.22.04

Hangar18
02-22-2004, 04:56 PM
The Sox have gotten a couple of stories in the last couple of days, after the 3 Day Media Maddux/Cub Orgy. Unfortuneately, theyre NOT able to make a Dent in the Already COmmanding lead the Cubs have on us.

Saturday 2/21/04
Cub-Times:
2 cub stories
2 sox stories (Incredibly, the SOX get a Back Page pic of Loiaza!

Cubune:
3 cub stories
3 sox stories

Sunday 2/22/04

Cub-Times:
2 cub stories
3 sox stories

Cubune:
4 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings as of 2/22/04

CUBS 38
SOX 13

Rex Hudler
02-22-2004, 05:28 PM
And the point is???

MRKARNO
02-22-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
And the point is???

To prove the extent of the obvious. That the White Sox get significantly less ink in the Chicago Press

cornball
02-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Hanger the proof is obvious and I do appreciate your hard work. I look at your updates regularly.

I was wondering if you knew or could even break it down further. With regard to positive and negative stories. I almost fell over at the Trib story today by Phil Rodgers saying there could be two teams to cheer for in town this year.

Not used to positive spin regarding the Sox.

Rex Hudler
02-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
To prove the extent of the obvious. That the White Sox get significantly less ink in the Chicago Press

And why should it be 50/50? The games aren't attended equally? The interest in the Chicago area isn't 50/50?

You gotta earn your coverage, Tribune aside. You can't tell me more people in the Chicagoland area aren't more interested in the Cubs right now. Hence the coverage the way it is.

jcirish85
02-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Actually, the Sox had more of about 2 and a half stories in the cubine in sunday. If you read the story that Greenstein wrote, you will see it's just cubs propaganda. the story is suppose to be about Guillen, but it's about how it is so much better to be a Cubs fan. It started out with how the Cubs have few holes in their team and the Sox have tons of holes. then it recapped the Cubs season last year and mad eit appear as if the Cubs were the 1929 Yankees. After reading it for a while, i forgot it was suppose to be an article about the sox. So you may as well not count that article as a sox article.

Hangar18
02-23-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
And why should it be 50/50? The games aren't attended equally? The interest in the Chicago area isn't 50/50?

You gotta earn your coverage, Tribune aside. You can't tell me more people in the Chicagoland area aren't more interested in the Cubs right now. Hence the coverage the way it is.

Here we go Again. What Came first..the Chicken or the Egg?
Interest in the SOX ISNT 50/50 Because the MEDIA Favored the CUBS IMMENSELY thru the mid 1980's til now. the "FANS" you see at the games are merely a Product of the Mighty Blue Propoganda Machine. THE SOX EARNED THE RIGHT TO BE COVERED MORE in the early 1990's, averaging 90 something wins and having very Good Teams, Yet FOR SOME REASON, the CUBS were STILL GETTING MORE COVERAGE. Sure...Most of it was "why arent the Cubs Good" "when will they get players" "how long will curse last" when the Lazy Chicago Media shouldve been writing "WHy wont SOX Spent the extra $$$$" "Why wont sox go the Extra Mile" "Will this be the Year the SOX bring a World Series to CHICAGO?"

SO ReX, as Ive Implied all along, the REASON for the "legions" of "die hards and faithful" (as jackass Mike Kiley would write"
is BECAUSE OF THE LANDSLIDE MEDIA COVERAGE THE CUBS GET......

Media Coverage = Fan Interest
Slanted Media Coverage on Cubs = More Cub Fans than normal
More Cub Fans Than Normal = More Cub Coverage
More Cub Coverage = Even More Cub Fans
Even More Cub Fans = More Chicago Media Outlets Trying to "OutCub" each other

More Chicago Media Outlets "Outcubbing" each other = Triple MORE Cub Coverage

Triple MOre CUb Coverage = "Kiley-esque" Propoganda promoting team instead of hard news

"Kiley-esque" Propoganda promoting cubs instead of hard news =
Untrue yet Positive Perceptions of cubs and their "fans"

Untrue yet Positive Perceptions of Cubs and their "fans = Quadruple the Amount of Cub Fans

Quadruple the AMount of Cub Fans = Quadruple Cub Media Covg at Sox Expense

Quadruple Cub Media Coverage at Sox Expense = False perception that Noone Likes/Cares about the SOX.

False Perceptions that Noone Likes/Cares about the SOX =
Less Sox Coverage

Less Sox Coverage= Sox Fans Lashing Back at Media for Taking Advantage of Cub Fans lack of intelligence to Fuel Cub Hysteria

Sox Fans Lashing back at Lazy Media for Taking Advantage of of Cub Fans Lack of Intelligence further Fueling Cub Hysteria = Media Calling sox fans Complainers and Violent

Media Calling Sox Fans Complainers and Violent = Even Further Negative SOX Perception.

Even Further Negative Sox Perception = 10x amount of Cub Fans
10x amount of Cub Fans = 10x amount of Cub Coverage
10x amount of Cub Coverate = False Perceptions thinking we dont deserve media Coverage
False Perceptions thinking we dont deserve Media Coverage = Further Fueling False Cub Mystique
Further Fueling False Cub Mystique = Further Forgetting Sox Mystique
Further forgetting SOx Mystique = Days of this Franchise are numbered ...........
I could go on and on and on. but you hopefully get the point.
The Cubs are a Media Created, and Media Driven Franchise that has successfully duped their own fans into believing they are the Good Sheep finally winning when in Reality, they are Wolves in Sheeps Clothing, a 10 ton Corporate Gorilla having realized that for the better part of a Century, Cannot Win by growing their own players, now Simply Bludgeon the Weak (Marlins) the Poor (Pirates) and the Tired (Twins) and now represent the National League version of Just Whats Wrong With Baseball.

LASOXFAN
02-23-2004, 01:22 AM
Which disturbs me more - the paranoia and absolute ridiculousness of this post or the fact that I even bothered to read it all the way through?

Hangar, I normally enjoy reading what you have to say, but stop with this press analysis or you'll wind up like that freak in A BEAUTIFUL MIND with clippings pasted all over your bedroom and Marriotti's voice in your head.

CubKilla
02-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
Which disturbs me more - the paranoia and absolute ridiculousness of this post or the fact that I even bothered to read it all the way through?

Hangar, I normally enjoy reading what you have to say, but stop with this press analysis or you'll wind up like that freak in A BEAUTIFUL MIND with clippings pasted all over your bedroom and Marriotti's voice in your head.

:D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

Hangar should have ended his rant with a resounding.....

YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Hangar18
02-23-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN

hey man....Noone said the Truth was Pretty
Im just a messenger ......... :smile:

Frater Perdurabo
02-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Preach on, Reverend Hangar

soxruleEP
02-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Hanger--ignore these nah-sayers. Scrubdom must be fought in all its formats.