PDA

View Full Version : excellent article in Suntimes about Frank


habibharu
02-22-2004, 03:10 PM
talks about frank's antics during spring training the last few yrs.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-hurt22.html

SEALgep
02-22-2004, 03:20 PM
"When it was over, they shook hands, and Thomas apologized to his teammates and told them to come to him when they need help or advice. He said he wasn't a "me-first guy'' and promised to be a team leader ."

It's this kind of attitude that I've been saying I want to see more of out of Frank. Seems like even Frank agrees with me. Anyway, I think Frank will be more like that kind of player, and be a good club house presence this year. Him and Ozzie will get along fine, and hopefully Frank will step up to lead this team.

ChiSox14305635
02-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Why won't they leave Frank alone? They're throwing gasoline on a brush fire.

Rex Hudler
02-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
Why won't they leave Frank alone? They're throwing gasoline on a brush fire.

Why leave him alone? Frank made this bed..... Unfortunately, Ozzie and KW made the bed that will get him grilled as soon as he arrives this year. They shouldn't just leave Frank alone. The reporters have to ask him the tough questions and should do so.

How Frank answers those questions will determine whether a like article will be written next year at this time, discussing Frank's blowups in 4 of the last 5 years.

duke of dorwood
02-22-2004, 04:03 PM
That article is about the past.

doctor30th
02-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Hopefully he just goes to camp and that's it, no press conferences.

Deadguy
02-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
talks about frank's antics during spring training the last few yrs.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-hurt22.html

There was nothing really excellent about the article. Just rehashed what just about everyone knew already, without offering any real insight, outside of a few interesting and relevant quotes from Jeff Torborg. Other than that, skimming through that article was a waste of time.

I don't know what will happen on Wednesday, but this has disaster written all over it. I'm praying the vultures that made the trip down to Tuscon leave disappointed.

jeremyb1
02-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
"When it was over, they shook hands, and Thomas apologized to his teammates and told them to come to him when they need help or advice. He said he wasn't a "me-first guy'' and promised to be a team leader ."

It's this kind of attitude that I've been saying I want to see more of out of Frank. Seems like even Frank agrees with me. Anyway, I think Frank will be more like that kind of player, and be a good club house presence this year. Him and Ozzie will get along fine, and hopefully Frank will step up to lead this team.

Yeah. It really seemed like Frank was huge in the clubhouse in '00. What happened?

SEALgep
02-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Yeah. It really seemed like Frank was huge in the clubhouse in '00. What happened? Didn't say he was a huge leader then, only that he recognized the need to be one. I included that I felt he could finally step up as a leader this year. I hope anyway.

sas1974
02-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Isn't there already a 300 post thread where everyone picks on Frank?

StillMissOzzie
02-22-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
There was nothing really excellent about the article. Just rehashed what just about everyone knew already, without offering any real insight, outside of a few interesting and relevant quotes from Jeff Torborg. Other than that, skimming through that article was a waste of time.

I don't know what will happen on Wednesday, but this has disaster written all over it. I'm praying the vultures that made the trip down to Tuscon leave disappointed.

I didn't like the article, because they're talking like they EXPECT Frank to do something stupid, based on all the past stuff they've dredged up here. IMHO, Ozzie and Frank both want to start with a clean slate but the media won't let them.

SMO

sas1974
02-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
I didn't like the article, because they're talking like they EXPECT Frank to do something stupid, based on all the past stuff they've dredged up here. IMHO, Ozzie and Frank both want to start with a clean slate but the media won't let them.

SMO

This is the media's pathetic attempt to create trouble for a team that could really do without it. This Greg Couch character is a JACKASS! What is even the point of this article? Just to start trouble.

Why don't they write an article rehashing Sammy's temper tantrums or the fact that he never shows up on time to camp? Or let's x-ray all of his bats as when he gets to camp. I would expect an article like this in the Cubune, but the Times? Come on now.

mantis1212
02-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Deadguy
There was nothing really excellent about the article. Just rehashed what just about everyone knew already, without offering any real insight, outside of a few interesting and relevant quotes from Jeff Torborg. Other than that, skimming through that article was a waste of time.

I don't know what will happen on Wednesday, but this has disaster written all over it. I'm praying the vultures that made the trip down to Tuscon leave disappointed.

Agreed, there is no insight here, everyone knows about his contract dispute, which turned eveyone against him already. This is just more anti-Frank propaganda, old news in my opinion.