PDA

View Full Version : Wilpon= Reinsdorf

Paulwny
02-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Newsday says Wilpon doesn't get it, the same feelings felt by many people here about JR.

From Newsday:
The Mets are treating the same enormous market as if Shea Stadium were in Kansas City. The Yankees brought to town the best player in baseball in Alex Rodriguez at the prime age of 28. What have the Mets done for us lately? Mike Cameron.

Never mind that the whole system is warped and it's so torturous for the have-littles to compete with the have-lots. They all can play by the rules that exist, and the Mets choose not to.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spjake223680920feb22,0,2158162.column?coll=ny-yankees-print

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Look at all those terrible signings the mets have had lately: Piazza, Vaughn, Burnitz, Alomar, Cedano, Glavine etc. I don't blame them one bit for not going out and spending tons of money like the Yankees. Atleast the Mets signed Kaz Matsui, Cameron, and Brandon Looper this offseason. That's not too bad but then again they're in New York so that probably looks pretty crummy compared to the Yankees.

doctor30th
02-22-2004, 12:43 PM
If I were the mets I would move Pizza out of the catchers position already. I wonder how many runs have gone into scoring position, then scored because he can't throw out a runner.