PDA

View Full Version : 5 questions

soxwon
02-22-2004, 12:39 PM
everyone come up with 5 questions, that need to be adressed in camp, for the white sox?
such as:will frank thomas and ozzie get along?
if you read on others posts-your question think of another one!
so questions wont be repeated.

Tragg
02-22-2004, 12:51 PM
I have 2 primary questions

1)Will Harris, Rowand, Crede and Olivo improve their ability to get on base so that Lee, Thomas and Maggs can drive in runs?

2)Will we find 4th and 5th starters competent enough to eat up at least 6 innings (Williams' confidence in Schowenwiess nothwithstanding)?

Less important

3) Can Konkero and Koch regain productivity?

4)Can Rowand play at least at the level of an average major league hitter and centerfielder?

5)Will a 2003 farm hand be major league ready this year?

doctor30th
02-22-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
I have 2 primary questions

1)Will Harris, Rowand, Crede and Olivo improve their ability to get on base so that Lee, Thomas and Maggs can drive in runs?

2)Will we find 4th and 5th starters competent enough to eat up at least 6 innings (Williams' confidence in Schowenwiess nothwithstanding)?

Less important

3) Can Konkero and Koch regain productivity?

4)Can Rowand play at least at the level of an average major league hitter and centerfielder?

5)Will a 2003 farm hand be major league ready this year?

These are pretty much the questions I have too. and for me the answers are
Yes
Maybe
Yes
Yes
No

jeremyb1
02-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Hmm. Yeah I'd say centerfield, the fifth starter, whether we'll see a happy Frank, the last spot or two in the pen. That stuff mostly. Those are the only question we'll get real good answers to in the spring.

Tragg
02-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
These are pretty much the questions I have too. and for me the answers are
Yes
Maybe
Yes
Yes
No

If you're right we win the division. 3 good starters and a great O will carry us.

whitesoxwilkes
02-22-2004, 07:31 PM
I can only think of 1 that hasn't been hit on here yet:

Will one of our highly touted players who have had a cup of coffee in the bigs finally break through and stick around this year?

Names that come to mind:

Borchard
Rauch
Stewart
Adkins

DSpivack
02-22-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Names that come to mind:
Adkins

Haha.

bartmanisgod
02-22-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm curious to see what kind of leadoff hitter Willie Harris will be... I am hoping that he will be the diamond in the rough this year! Will the same kind of speed as Juan Pierre of the Marlins, I'm hoping that he can be that same kind of leadoff hitter...Although I am not getting my hopes up!

My biggest question is who is going to be our fifth starter? We should stretch our guys out to a four man rotation...that way we won't get a guarenteed Loss Every fifth game!