PDA

View Full Version : Starting nine

doctor30th
02-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Just a quick question for anyone who has ordered already. I am guessing that the 5 dollar convience fee the ticket company charge is for each ticket you purchase right, so if your getting 2 sets of tickets it is going to be an additional $90 to what you calculate. Am I right?

TornLabrum
02-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
Just a quick question for anyone who has ordered already. I am guessing that the 5 dollar convience fee the ticket company charge is for each ticket you purchase right, so if your getting 2 sets of tickets it is going to be an additional $90 to what you calculate. Am I right?

No, the $5.00 handling fee is from the White Sox for processing and mailing the order. It is $5.00 total.

doctor30th
02-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks, thats much better, I was worried I was going to have to pay an additional 90 on top of the 180 I was paying for the tickets.

chisoxmike
02-22-2004, 01:54 PM
I don't think anybody in their right mind would pay an extra $5 for every game.

doctor30th
02-22-2004, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't think so, But as usual with buying things explainations are somewhat vague.

it said $5 for every order, it all depends on how the precieve what an order is, but thanks for the info.

i'm heading to one KC, one yankee, 2 Indian, and 5 Twins games.

But I'm still thinking of getting a few less twins games, any suggestions?

TornLabrum
02-22-2004, 02:24 PM
I purchased two Starting 9 packages, one with Jeff (actually part of his annual present that covers Christmas/birthday) and one for myself. My dates are:

April 25: Tampa Bay
May 2: Toronto
May 16: Minnesota
June 12: Atlanta
June 21: Cleveland
June 23: Cleveland
July 7: Anaheim
July 10: Seattle
July 26: Minnesota
July 28: Minnesota
August 7: Cleveland
August 11: Kansas City
August 18: Detroit
August 22: Boston
September 1: Oakland
September 5: Seattle
September 20: Minnesota
September 26: Kansas City

I probably would have squandered three dates on the Cubs series, but I'm planning on being at the Elkhart Jazz Festival that weekend.

doctor30th
02-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Are there any games that alot of people from here plan on going to, besides the cubs series.

dllrbll7
02-22-2004, 10:32 PM
If you bought the tickets straight off the website individually i think with all the fees and shipping the cost is about $3-4 per ticket. So alot of people do pay that much

southsidesoxfan1
02-23-2004, 12:15 PM
I put in an email order in just last week. I still haven't recieved a reply or confirmation. Has anyone who ordered the starting nine recieve any confirmation?? :angry:

chisoxmike
02-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I even got a phone call from them confirming the cost. Then they sent a e-mail confirming the cost. Maybe it was because I submitted the online form before they started to have problems with the site.

starboy0
02-23-2004, 12:30 PM
I have the same problem as southsidefan1. Ordered a starting nine through the website last week and have heard nary a word. The emails I sent for clarification have bounced back.

Guess I should call.

Sad
02-23-2004, 01:09 PM
I sent them an email thru the contact us or whatever it's called portion of the site and marked it URGENT as I was also unsure whether or not my order went thru and wanted to confirm before sending in a duplicate order etc... I had also placed mine that Monday before the problems surfaced (and it was subsequently taken offline for a couple days)

I got a call the next day from a ticket agent confirming yes they had the order but the total charges were miscalculated and it was going to be a few bucks more...

then the following day I also received an email confirming the charges and they have billed my CC.

I mentioned to them about how I expected to receive a confirmation via email also and never had...

thepaulbowski
02-23-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by starboy0
I have the same problem as southsidefan1. Ordered a starting nine through the website last week and have heard nary a word. The emails I sent for clarification have bounced back.

Guess I should call.

The Sox organization is great at taking your money, but not answering questions. I've been waiting for the return of my season ticket deposit for over 4 weeks now. I was going to do the starting nine plan, but probably won't now. I'm getting tired of being lied to about when I should receive my deposit back. I guess I should have know better than to let them keep my money over the winter. Customer service at its finest.