PDA

View Full Version : (Positive) Quote Of The Day 2/22

DrCrawdad
02-22-2004, 08:13 AM
http://chicagofantasybaseballcamp.com/images/Hoyt_small.jpg
"The White Sox have always been a great organization," Hoyt said. "They have the same owners as when I was there, and if there was any team that I would have liked to have come back with, it's the White Sox." - Chicago Cubune (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040221sox,1,3723182.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

SEALgep
02-22-2004, 11:11 AM
I hope he shows some promise this ST where it wouldn't be out of the question to offer him a more permenant job to help our pitchers out. He's a good guy, and he certainly knows how to pitch.

Paulwny
02-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I hope he shows some promise this ST where it wouldn't be out of the question to offer him a more permenant job to help our pitchers out. He's a good guy, and he certainly knows how to pitch.

Agree, he was a hard nosed pitcher who could help some of the young guys.

MetalliSox
02-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Crawdad, how dare you post something positive here! That is no fun!

CubKilla
02-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Hoyt says: "The White Sox have always been A GREAT ORGANIZATION. They have THE SAME OWNERS as when I was there....."

There's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

TornLabrum
02-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Hoyt says: "The White Sox have always been A GREAT ORGANIZATION. They have THE SAME OWNERS as when I was there....."

There's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Well, considering that Hoyt is getting a job in baseball for the first time after reclaiming his life, I'd think he'd feel positive towards his bosses. And I have to commend the Sox for hiring Hoyt who truly seems to have turned his life around.

Brian26
02-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Well, considering that Hoyt is getting a job in baseball for the first time after reclaiming his life, I'd think he'd feel positive towards his bosses. And I have to commend the Sox for hiring Hoyt who truly seems to have turned his life around.

The Trib article this morning was interesting. I guess Hoy wrote a heart-wrenching letter to KW asking him for a job, and KW took it to the Chairman to discuss. Hoyt's Spring Training gig is basically an audition, as KW isn't promising anything yet. They're going to see how it turns out. Even if it doesn't land him a job with the Sox, it gets his name out there if other teams might be interested. A job with another MLB club is better than nothing at all for Hoyt, I guess.

Hullett_Fan
02-23-2004, 09:17 AM
"The White Sox have always been a great organization," Hoyt said. "They have the same owners as when I was there, and if there was any team that I would have liked to have come back with, it's the White Sox."

Is he still on drugs???

DrCrawdad
02-23-2004, 09:54 PM
http://images.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2004-02/11533332.jpg

sas1974
02-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Agree, he was a hard nosed pitcher who could help some of the young guys.

Good thing he was "hard nosed" because that coke will tear up your nose.

Just kidding! I wish him all the best. :D:

Brian26
02-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Good thing he was "hard nosed" because that coke will tear up your nose.

Just kidding! I wish him all the best. :D:

LOL. You have to wonder if he was doing that crap in '83 when he was with the team here. I picture that group of guys as big drinkers, but I hate to think many of them were into hard drugs like that.

sas1974
02-24-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
LOL. You have to wonder if he was doing that crap in '83 when he was with the team here. I picture that group of guys as big drinkers, but I hate to think many of them were into hard drugs like that.

Yea, I have heard stories about how they used to throw down the beer, but it's hard to believe that doing lines was acceptable out in the open. Although it was the 80's....you know, Miami Vice and all...