PDA

View Full Version : The Kansas CIty rotation flat out sucks

MRKARNO
02-21-2004, 05:54 PM
The Kansas City rotation is an absolute joke. Their best two pitchers are decent at best (Anderson and May). Anderson had one of his best years in a long time and May had a career year by far. And essentially their 3-5 starting spots are up for grabs. Their projected 3rd, Chris George, had a 7.11 ERA last year over more than 90 IP. Jeremy Affeldt, who has continual blister problems but isnt bad when he doesnt have them, Appier, Jimmy Gobble and Miguel Ascencio are candidates for 4th and 5th starting spots and appier wont be ready till at least mid-april. Runelvys Hernandez, who had a great start, but started to slide before his season ending surgery, is still injured. They better hope this Zach Greinke kid is incredible, because the rest of their starting staff sucks and wont be helped by the moving in of the fences at Kaufman.

That offense is going to be good, not great, but I cant see a team with a starting pitching staff this horrible win the division. They had a great run last year, but I think that at best they will stay the same as last year.

lowesox
02-21-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Jimmy Gobble and Miguel Ascencio are candidates for 4th and 5th starting spots

I will always remember Ascencio for his major league debut. What was it, 22 straight balls?

doctor30th
02-21-2004, 08:07 PM
I agree, and I think only the sox and the Twins have a rotation with 2 quality starters. Sox definitely have the best Bullpen in this divison.

depy48
02-22-2004, 12:08 PM
i still fear the likes of Nate Cornejo, Mike Maroth, and Jeremy Bonderman

doctor30th
02-22-2004, 12:41 PM
i still fear the likes of Nate Cornejo, Mike Maroth, and Jeremy Bonderman

I wouldn't fear them, what I fear is when our offense beats themselves against those pitchers.

WLL1855
02-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
I wouldn't fear them, what I fear is when our offense beats themselves against those pitchers.

Amen.

Kittle
02-22-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Jeremy Affeldt, who has continual blister problems but isnt bad when he doesnt have them

What is the deal with the blisters? How many other pitchers have horrible recurring blister issues?

doctor30th
02-22-2004, 03:20 PM
What is the deal with the blisters? How many other pitchers have horrible recurring blister issues?

Too many it seems, wasn't there a sox pitcher that had this problem a few years ago?

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I will always remember Ascencio for his major league debut. What was it, 22 straight balls?

16 straight balls. 4 walks. end of his debut. i almost felt bad for him. ALMOST.

doublem23
02-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

16... He got yanked after walking in the first run.

P.S., MRKARNO, Thank you for seeing it. Jesus, you'd think the Royals were going to stomp the Yankees, the way people talk about them.