PDA

View Full Version : White Sox on NBC 5 Now...after commercials

mikef1331
02-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Live Coverage of Spring Training at 5:20 on NBC 5.

mikef1331
02-21-2004, 06:28 PM
The segment was mostly about Takatsu... They showed him throwing a couple pitches etc.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-21-2004, 06:47 PM
I must say I'm genuinely surprised how much media coverage the Sox have received the past few days from Tucson. The front office has done hardly more than sit on its hands this past winter but the media does the boiler plate coverage just the same.

Either the media is perfectly fair (too fair?) or they are simply desperate to change the topic from an entire winter wasted on covering the latest misadventures of the Bulls and Blackhawks. I'm betting on the latter.

:bandance:

Lip Man 1
02-21-2004, 11:45 PM
PHG:

It's the novelty of Ozzie and waiting for Frank to arrive so everybody can see what happens.

If things happen as I expect (not hope mind you...) when the Cubs start rolling and the Sox stagger along around .500 they'll quickly be forgotten. (and under the circumstances probably deservedly so...)

There was a reason Ozzie was hired, actually two of them...to add interest (at least for the time being) and because he works cheap.

Lip

SoxFan76
02-21-2004, 11:47 PM
The media is waiting to pounce on Frank. They just want him to show up later than expected. They want him to say something stupid. If Frank was smart at all, he would show up and not show any animosity towards anybody. I really hope he thinks that, but knowing Frank, he will probably cause some sort of stir.

sas1974
02-21-2004, 11:48 PM
I agree that the media is probably just fishing for the next sound bite to blast Ozzie with and for the fireworks that they are hoping for w/ Frank when he arrives.

MRKARNO
02-21-2004, 11:49 PM
I think that the media really is beginning to love Ozzie and the more they show of him, the happier they are because he says a lot of media worthy things

RKMeibalane
02-21-2004, 11:53 PM
The media are like vultures circling a carcass. They are just waiting for right moment to swoop in and begin feasting on the rotting flesh that is the Chicago White Sox. It's only a matter of time.

Frank will be in camp by Wednesday, so the media is eagerly anticipating some fireworks between Thomas and Guillen. I honestly don't think anything will happen between Frank and Ozzie. I'm more concerned about Professor Chaos doing something to piss Frank off.

SoxFan76
02-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Yeah, the Trib today seemed pleased with Ozzie. Even with all the swearing, which surprises me. I can just see them saying something along the lines of the hoodlum Sox manager swearing his head off making little children cry or something.

Viva Magglio
02-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
Yeah, the Trib today seemed pleased with Ozzie. Even with all the swearing, which surprises me. I can just see them saying something along the lines of the hoodlum Sox manager swearing his head off making little children cry or something.

:moron
"Thanks for giving me a theme for my next anti-Sox hatchet job!"