PDA

View Full Version : More renovation photos are up


soxnut
02-21-2004, 10:29 AM
They have put another set of renovation photos up on whitesox.com. And there are a couple of different views of the park being offered this time. I emailed them the other day about how, even though the renovations are an exciting thing,, the same exact view everytime was getting a little boring.

The pics look great. And now that they have started adding the panels on top of the roof, the facade has become more distinct. :smile:

WinningUgly!
02-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
They have put another set of renovation photos up on whitesox.com. And there are a couple of different views of the park being offered this time. I emailed them the other day about how, even though the renovations are an exciting thing,, the same exact view everytime was getting a little boring.

The pics look great. And now that they have started adding the panels on top of the roof, the facade has become more distinct. :smile:

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/photogallery/upperdeck_renovations/040216/page_01.jsp)

soxnut
02-21-2004, 10:44 AM
Thanks for linking it............ :smile:

WinningUgly!
02-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
Thanks for linking it............ :smile:

No problem. The place looks great, other than the snow. :)

Kittle
02-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Anybody know how much this will knock down the seating capacity? Not that they're gong to sell out very often, but I'm just curious.

CubKilla
02-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Kittle
Anybody know how much this will knock down the seating capacity? Not that they're gong to sell out very often, but I'm just curious.

I've heard anywhere between 6-8 thousand

MRKARNO
02-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I've heard anywhere between 6-8 thousand

I think it's a lot closer to 6 thousand than 8

SSN721
02-21-2004, 12:02 PM
I know I have said it in another couple threads, but I really love the lights that they put up. It is really looking good, I cant wait to see it when the season starts. Just wish I was as optomistic about the team as I am about the stadium.

Kittle
02-21-2004, 12:08 PM
OK, I got off my ass and looked it up: 6,600 seats removed

If we use the capacity figure from '01 (45,936), that leaves us with 39,336 seats left. That's about Camden Yards size. Not bad.

MRKARNO
02-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Kittle
OK, I got off my ass and looked it up: 6,600 seats removed

If we use the capacity figure from '01 (45,936), that leaves us with 39,336 seats left. That's about Camden Yards size. Not bad.

Based on last year's figure of 47098, we'll have about 40,500 seats

HITMEN OF 77
02-21-2004, 12:23 PM
We should get a lot of the seats back next year when they double deck right field. Now that will be cool! Oh and yes, the photo's look good of the present renovation. Looks like it's coming along nicely.

chisoxt
02-21-2004, 12:39 PM
OK, I got off my ass and looked it up: 6,600 seats removed

If we use the capacity figure from '01 (45,936), that leaves us with 39,336 seats left. That's about Camden Yards size. Not bad.

If that's the case, wouldn't Wrigley Field, of all places exceed the Cell in seating capacity?

soxnut
02-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Kittle
OK, I got off my ass and looked it up: 6,600 seats removed

If we use the capacity figure from '01 (45,936), that leaves us with 39,336 seats left. That's about Camden Yards size. Not bad.


Camden Yards hold 48,876 but PNC Park holds 38,217 :smile:

nitetrain8601
02-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
We should get a lot of the seats back next year when they double deck right field. Now that will be cool! Oh and yes, the photo's look good of the present renovation. Looks like it's coming along nicely.

Is it a for sure thing that they will have the HR porch added?

Brian26
02-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by nitetrain8601
Is it a for sure thing that they will have the HR porch added?

No. There were some designs offered up 2 or 3 yrs ago, but it's not 100% guaranteed.

chisox06
02-21-2004, 10:05 PM
Wow place really looks great, it's amazing how that new roof gives the whole park a new look. Especially like the lights. Not complaining here but I think a seat color change would be nice, by just looking at those pics. I know thats been beaten to death here so I'll just leave it at that.

Wsoxmike59
02-22-2004, 05:31 AM
I think the new roof is going to give the park a more intimate and old time feeling. The park looks less sterile with the new renovations. The bullpens that have been tilted 90 degrees, the new batters eye background, and fan deck have given the park a new look on the inside. The roof is reminiscent of the old Yankee Stadium facade that used to adorn their upperdeck in the old days.

I think the crowning touch would be to add an upperdeck (HR Porch) in the OF like they have in the Ballpark at Arlington.


On a side note, I've been downloading the renovation pictures and keeping them in a folder, I think it will be fun years from now to go back and look at the progress of the renovations.