PDA

View Full Version : Konerko for Cameron

Happy Felsch Fan
02-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Who here would now trade Konerko for Cameron?

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 07:36 PM
I don't think I would because they have similar salaries. Cameron has superior defense, but his bat is questionable at times, not that Konerko's isn't after last season. However, I like what Konerko brings to the table for us. Besides, we are strong in the outfield as far as players coming along in our system, we're better off using the money at first, in my opinion.

Happy Felsch Fan
02-20-2004, 08:00 PM
sealqep,

Its interesting that years after the konerko/cameron trade that both players are still comparitive in value depending on what the needs of their teams are. Cameron and Konerko both have never quite fufilled their potential.

Cameron is still another Devon White and Konerko is still another Lamar Johnson, but at least Lamar was always smiling and Konerko has that frown.

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Happy Felsch Fan
sealqep,

Its interesting that years after the konerko/cameron trade that both players are still comparitive in value depending on what the needs of their teams are. Cameron and Konerko both have never quite fufilled their potential.

Cameron is still another Devon White and Konerko is still another Lamar Johnson, but at least Lamar was always smiling and Konerko has that frown. That's true, I like smiles :)

WinningUgly!
02-20-2004, 08:17 PM

The Mets wouldn't do it & neither would the Sox, so it doesn't matter. :D:

HITMEN OF 77
02-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Never. Cameron is overated.

mike squires
02-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
Never. Cameron is overated.

How come he couldn't have been overrated with us??

Do we even hve anyone overrated on our team? :?:

Brian26
02-20-2004, 09:51 PM

Cameron leads the planet in strikeouts. Yet, the biggest problem would be that if we reaquired him in a trade, he wouldn't get to face us anymore, so his batting average and homerun total would drop by 50%.

soxfan_9
02-20-2004, 09:56 PM
I would love to see cameron back in chicago if his bat stays as hot as it always is when he plays against us in comiskey

jabrch
02-20-2004, 09:56 PM
IN A HEARTBEAT. Cameron isn't great offensively, but neither is GIDPK. Cameron is a GG CF. Rowand is - well - not.

But he's a grinder...

JRIG
02-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Knowing what we know now, of course.

Cameron is one of the top three defensive center fielders in baseball and his offensive numbers have been severely depressed by playing in Safeco Field.

Yes, he Ks a lot, but he isn't hitting into DPs like Konerko is.

It's a no-brainer to undo this trade at this point.

cubhater
02-20-2004, 10:14 PM
I'm about the only person here who still has some faith in Konerko. Cameron is overrated plus I think he's another player on 'roids. Is it just me or anyone else notice how he bulked up during an offseason like Sosa?

TheRockinMT
02-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by cubhater
I'm about the only person here who still has some faith in Konerko. Cameron is overrated plus I think he's another player on 'roids. Is it just me or anyone else notice how he bulked up during an offseason like Sosa?

The trade worked out well for both the Sox and the Reds, or Mariners, if you will, and for Konerko and Cameron. They both produced like they were originally pegged to do albeit with different teams. I like Cameron's glove, but I love the Konerko bat.

HITMEN OF 77
02-21-2004, 02:19 AM
Living in WA State and hearing nothing but Peattle talk, I see a lot Cameron highlights etc. He makes the plays that should be made look like highlights. He's really not that great defensively. I think he is one guy who really hates the Sox at elast that's what the Mariners TV team always says.