PDA

View Full Version : Another non roster invitee

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Frank Campos was added to the 40 man roster, probably in place of Robert Person. Here's his information:

Frank Campos was added to the White Sox roster as a non-roster invitee, bringing the total in camp to 54 and the total of pitchers to 30. Campos was acquired from Milwaukee in the minor-league phase of the Rule 5 draft during the Winter Meetings in New Orleans.

The 31-year-old, who pitched nine seasons with Triple-A Campeche in the Mexican League, dominated during this past winter ball season in the Mexican Pacific League. Campos topped all hurlers with 10 victories, 68 strikeouts and a 2.19 ERA in 90 innings for Mazatlan.

Rex Hudler
02-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Frank Campos was added to the 40 man roster, probably in place of Robert Person. Here's his information:

Frank Campos was added to the White Sox roster as a non-roster invitee, bringing the total in camp to 54 and the total of pitchers to 30. Campos was acquired from Milwaukee in the minor-league phase of the Rule 5 draft during the Winter Meetings in New Orleans.

The 31-year-old, who pitched nine seasons with Triple-A Campeche in the Mexican League, dominated during this past winter ball season in the Mexican Pacific League. Campos topped all hurlers with 10 victories, 68 strikeouts and a 2.19 ERA in 90 innings for Mazatlan.

Adding him as a non-roster invitee is different than adding him to the 40-man roster.

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
Adding him as a non-roster invitee is different than adding him to the 40-man roster. You're right, I'll fix that.

SoxxoS
02-20-2004, 07:29 PM
I was excited about Grilli and Bernard, but now Campos? Sombody fan me down.

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I was excited about Grilli and Bernard, but now Campos? Sombody fan me down. Lol, he has little risk, and you never know. He could be the next Mexican 21 game winner. Lol. But seriously guys, he could be the next Mexican 21 game winner. :smile:

HITMEN OF 77
02-20-2004, 09:30 PM
He'll either make the cut or he won't. Good cheap pitching is always nice!