PDA

View Full Version : Heard at 3pm on AM1000 Mac Jurko & Harry show

Hangar18
02-20-2004, 04:50 PM
The show just started, they were going to their first commercial break, and Harry was listing who the guests today were going to be, when He mentioned that Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild would be on. either Mac or Jurko ( I can never tell those 2 apart)
" How many Cubs players are we going to interview this week, geez, weve had like the entire team on this entire week (laughs to himself)"

MRKARNO
02-20-2004, 04:51 PM
sounds more like a Dan McNeil (sp?) comment

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Yay! More hype for the cubs bandwagon on the Sox' home radio station. Do the people on WGN 720 AM talk about the Sox as much as the people on ESPN 1000 talk about the cubs????

faneidde
02-20-2004, 05:17 PM
There really isn't much to talk about the Sox right now. As evidenced by some thread that says Frank wants out when there is no evidence getting like 300 posts. All we can do is argue about whether or not the Sox will be good this year. There's only so many times they can interview Guillen or Williams.

Hangar18
02-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by faneidde
There really isn't much to talk about the Sox right now. As evidenced by some thread that says Frank wants out when there is no evidence getting like 300 posts. All we can do is argue about whether or not the Sox will be good this year. There's only so many times they can interview Guillen or Williams.

As opposed to McNeils assertion that AM1000 has interviewed almost every single player on the friggin cubs.
The Cubbie Hysteria Continues Wildly in the streets .....

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Yep. The same station that had the the real baseball ad outside of wrigley a few years ago is now on the cubs bandwagon since they're good. Doesn't suprise me at all though, great way to rake in the ratings from all the scrub fans.

Champs2004
02-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Did any of you hear of a trade rumor on ESPN 1000 at around 2:15? I hear it was a trade that could give us another bat, while getting rid of dead weight

White Sox get:
Alfonso Soriano

Rangers get:
Billy Koch
Joe Borchard
Dan Wright

soltrain21
02-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Champs2004
Did any of you hear of a trade rumor on ESPN 1000 at around 2:15? I hear it was a trade that could give us another bat, while getting rid of dead weight

White Sox get:
Alfonso Soriano

Rangers get:
Billy Koch
Joe Borchard
Dan Wright

Where did they get that from?

jabrch
02-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Champs2004

White Sox get:
Alfonso Soriano

Rangers get:
Billy Koch
Joe Borchard
Dan Wright

Yeah - that's likely...

jabrch
02-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Yay! More hype for the cubs bandwagon on the Sox' home radio station. Do the people on WGN 720 AM talk about the Sox as much as the people on ESPN 1000 talk about the cubs????

There should be more talk about the Cubs than the Sox right now. Let's accept the facts as they are. The cubs made it to the playoffs last year - and got incrementally better during the off-season. Meanwhile, we missed the playoffs, and got worse.

Tell me why a Chicago radio station SHOULDN'T be covering the Cubs more? They are just more interesting than we are right now.

kittle42
02-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Where did they get that from?

Sportsline message boards, of course!

ChiSox14305635
02-20-2004, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure if he was saying this tounge-in-cheek, but I thought I heard Mac say at sometime during today's show that the White Sox were in Tucson..........and who cares.

When the flagship station is ignoring you, things can't get much worse (let me stop there before they do).

Lip Man 1
02-20-2004, 10:52 PM
It's being done deliberately to piss off Reinsdorf. They want him to leave and take the Sox and Bulls with him.

Lip

Fungo
02-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's being done deliberately to piss off Reinsdorf. They want him to leave and take the Sox and Bulls with him.

Lip
BINGO !!

Hangar18
02-21-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
I'm not sure if he was saying this tounge-in-cheek, but I thought I heard Mac say at sometime during today's show that the White Sox were in Tucson..........and who cares.

When the flagship station is ignoring you, things can't get much worse (let me stop there before they do).

They did say that. But really, why would you want "dead weight" on your station? Its OBVIOUS to everyone around, that MGMT has NO INTENTION on making their Product Sellable. So WHY should AM1000 promote the product if the Team Itself DOESNT CARE ???? Get Rid of them. Let them Rot in Hell
since the Owner doesnt give a damn. SELL JERRY SELL

Hangar18
02-21-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
They did say that. But really, why would you want "dead weight" on your station? Its OBVIOUS to everyone around, that MGMT has NO INTENTION on making their Product Sellable. So WHY should AM1000 promote the product if the Team Itself DOESNT CARE ???? Get Rid of them. Let them Rot in Hell
since the Owner doesnt give a damn. SELL JERRY SELL

GO TO HELL JERRY

SSN721
02-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Yep. The same station that had the the real baseball ad outside of wrigley a few years ago is now on the cubs bandwagon since they're good. Doesn't suprise me at all though, great way to rake in the ratings from all the scrub fans.

I dont know if it is the ad you are talking about, but when I moved in in November, there was one on Sheffield and Waveland, kitty corner to the scoreboard at Wrigley. I noticed there was increasing amounts of blue and red paint thrown on the sign, getting to the point that you could read much of it anymore, I think they might have removed it becasue of that. Pissed me off, it was nice having a beacon of hope right across the street from the urinal.

ode to veeck
02-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Sportsline message boards, of course!

Right on the money Kittle! Now, maybe we'll hit 300 posts on this rumor thread today ... can't wait until the season starts. It sure sucks my biz trip to AZ was LAST week!