PDA

View Full Version : Crede, Harris, Rowand


SEALgep
02-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Crede, Harris, and Rowand have all reported to ST along with the pitchers. They received their physicals and our working on their own informal hitting drills. www.whitesox.com

MRKARNO
02-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Well it's good to see that Harris and Rowand are in camp considering that they are considered to be the biggest question marks in our lineup. Rowand is a real hard worker and I'm surprised that more sox fans dont like him. Maybe they will after he breaks out this year.

It's also good to see Crede there after his dissapointing start to last year. Maybe we'll see the 30-40 HRs that he has potential for this year.

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well it's good to see that Harris and Rowand are in camp considering that they are considered to be the biggest question marks in our lineup. Rowand is a real hard worker and I'm surprised that more sox fans dont like him. Maybe they will after he breaks out this year.

It's also good to see Crede there after his dissapointing start to last year. Maybe we'll see the 30-40 HRs that he has potential for this year. I would be happy if Crede had a solid average approaching 30 or about 30 homeruns. I too am surprised that more people don't root for Rowand. I've taken a lot of heat on him, lol. Harris is also a hard worker, and it's good that they'll be pushing each other, even though they are different positions.

MRKARNO
02-20-2004, 05:23 PM
Crede's post all star stats: 11HR .308 AVG .892 OPS

If he can avoid an awful start like this and maintain it over a season, the White Sox' offense looks a whole lot better real quick. I think he can hit the 30 HR .300 AVG 100 RBI plateau this year.

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Crede's post all star stats: 11HR .308 AVG .892 OPS

If he can avoid an awful start like this and maintain it over a season, the White Sox' offense looks a whole lot better real quick. I think he can hit the 30 HR .300 AVG 100 RBI plateau this year. I hope so, that would be great. I think he can as well, he's had a full year out of the way, he's ready to produce. With the defense he had last year, those are allstar numbers.

MRKARNO
02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I hope so, that would be great. I think he can as well, he's had a full year out of the way, he's ready to produce. With the defense he had last year, those are allstar numbers.

Yeah. He'll be the starting third basemen for the All star team. A-rod, pay-rod shmay-rod. Crede will show that fool up

lowesox
02-20-2004, 05:35 PM
It be nice if all three of these guys had good springs. This team's chances hinge on their success.

MRKARNO
02-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
It be nice if all three of these guys had good springs. This team's chances hinge on their success.

If all three have good years then the sox could win 93-95 games

steff
02-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Mickster.. where are you. Didn't you hear that they were going to report early a week or so ago...??? :D:

MRKARNO
02-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by steff
Mickster.. where are you. Didn't you hear that they were going to report early a week or so ago...??? :D:

I swear that I read that Rowand has been there for a week already but I cant find the article.

steff
02-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I swear that I read that Rowand has been there for a week already but I cant find the article.


He's been there since the 11th.

Mickster
02-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by steff
Mickster.. where are you. Didn't you hear that they were going to report early a week or so ago...??? :D:

Geez... What are you talking about Steff? Do you mean your email of 2/10 when you said "Aaron and Crede are going to ST early"

Must have ben a guess.....

MRKARNO
02-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by steff
He's been there since the 11th.

That's good to hear. It really shows his commitment which has been obvious through all the articles I've read and his playing winter ball. The only worry is that he has worked a bit too hard

steff
02-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Geez... What are you talking about Steff? Do you mean your email of 2/10 when you said "Aaron and Crede are going to ST early"

Must have ben a guess.....


I prefer this one... :D:
:cleo

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Yeah. He'll be the starting third basemen for the All star team. A-rod, pay-rod shmay-rod. Crede will show that fool up Ya I forgot about that lol. Great numbers nonetheless though, if he can put them up.

guillen4life13
02-20-2004, 11:11 PM
The chances of this team succeeding, IMO, directly depend on the pitching staff and the success it has. While the offense is a priority, I refuse to get my hopes up until we see good performances from pitchers in ST.

Crede will do well. I think Harris is also capable of hitting .280 or so in the leadoff role (and I wouldn't be surprised if he did better), with a good 40 SB's. Rowand can hit .290, and if he learns to take more walks his OBP could be pretty good.

GOC
02-21-2004, 12:23 AM
30 HR .300AVG 100RBI . . . . .
Who needs Magglio !
But , seriously , I do like their commitment .

soxnut
02-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well it's good to see that Harris and Rowand are in camp considering that they are considered to be the biggest question marks in our lineup. Rowand is a real hard worker and I'm surprised that more sox fans dont like him. Maybe they will after he breaks out this year.

It's also good to see Crede there after his dissapointing start to last year. Maybe we'll see the 30-40 HRs that he has potential for this year.

Well, I like Rowand. When he first came up and was put in a game, he always seemed to do something good( bunt, advance runners, steal a base, make a good play in the field). So, I look forward to a healthy and productive year from him.

SEALgep
02-21-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
Well, I like Rowand. When he first came up and was put in a game, he always seemed to do something good( bunt, advance runners, steal a base, make a good play in the field). So, I look forward to a healthy and productive year from him. Me too, he has solid D, a pretty decent bat that has improved, and he does the little things that win games. He will be just fine as our CF this year.