PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Trouble

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 09:55 AM
It appears Theo has said that the core of their roster probably won't be retained. Could be good for the Sox as their will maybe some more solid FA on the market, and maybe it's bad because they will make a run at Maggs. Too early to tell, but an interesting read.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/redSox.bg?articleid=516

Brian26
02-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Wow, that's a morale booster for the Carmines going into Spring Training.

Baby Fisk
02-20-2004, 10:10 AM
Second-highest payroll in baseball and they still whine...

Baby Fisk
02-20-2004, 10:20 AM
:KW
"We understand Theo must be embarrassed, frustrated, and disappointed by his failures. Unlike the White Sox, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston. We've got Uribe, Pollitte and Takatsu locked up."

:reinsy
"What more do you people want?"

CubKilla
02-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Could be good for the Sox as their will maybe some more solid FA on the market, and maybe it's bad because they will make a run at Maggs.

Anyone want to take a bet right now that come the '04-'05 offseason the White Sox sign ZERO of the Red Sox' marketable FA's?

SSN721
02-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Anyone want to take a bet right now that come the '04-'05 offseason the White Sox sign ZERO of the Red Sox' marketable FA's?

I want odds :D:

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Anyone want to take a bet right now that come the '04-'05 offseason the White Sox sign ZERO of the Red Sox' marketable FA's? Lol, well if we don't, it still helps collude the market, which can maybe help us sign someone else.

Paulwny
02-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Lol, well if we don't, it still helps collude the market, which can maybe help us sign someone else.

Some teams shop at Tiffany's while the sox shop at Wal-Mart.

jabrch
02-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Wal-Mart at least sells decent quality merchandise for cheap. We shop at this discount liquidator at the corner of 59th and King Drive. No item costs more than $10.00.

Brian26
02-20-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Wal-Mart at least sells decent quality merchandise for cheap. We shop at this discount liquidator at the corner of 59th and King Drive. No item costs more than $10.00.

In Peoria, when I was going to school at Bradley, we'd go to Big Lots to get cheap stuff. Always a fun place to go. Not sure if there are any in Chicagoland.

Iwritecode
02-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
In Peoria, when I was going to school at Bradley, we'd go to Big Lots to get cheap stuff. Always a fun place to go. Not sure if there are any in Chicagoland.

We have two in Rockford. Not only is their stuff cheap, it's low-priced too!

Foulke You
02-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

Yeah, we have Big Lots. They used to be called "MacFrugals" but they changed over. Don't know if they just changed the name or Big Lots bought all the MacFrugals. Good cheap stuff.

CubKilla
02-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
I want odds :D:

As likely as Vegas has us winning the '04 ALCS. 8-1 :D: .

KingXerxes
02-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Anybody remember Community Discount Centers?

How about the "Kings of Crappy Merchandise" - Zayre?

ChiSox65
02-20-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes

Yes I do..............I am old too.

maurice
02-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Some stores put their merchandise on shelves. Others put it on racks. At Zayre, it was always all over the floor. I was absolutely shocked when they went out of business.

StillMissOzzie
02-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Yeah, we have Big Lots. They used to be called "MacFrugals" but they changed over. Don't know if they just changed the name or Big Lots bought all the MacFrugals. Good cheap stuff.

Originally posted by KingXerxes

Originally posted by ChiSox65

Yes I do..............I am old too.

Lombard has a Big Lots store, too. Some good stuff sold for cheap, some cheap stuff sold for cheaper. They also have a lot of food items labeled for elsewhere (overseas?)

And yes, not only do I remember Community Discount Center and Zayre's (where we always got our back-to-school stuff) - how about E.J. Korvette's? I too am OLD!

SMO
:gulp:

LauraJ14
02-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Why do ypu assume that BoSox are going to go after Maggs? None of their outfielders are going to be free agents. Nixon just signed a 3 year deal, Manny has a few years left and who can you trade him to and get rid of that contract? If they don't sign Nomar, who's going to play short for them?

SSN721
02-21-2004, 01:08 PM
As likely as Vegas has us winning the '04 ALCS. 8-1 :D: .

Prognosticators must have been on crack when they came up with that one.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-21-2004, 01:11 PM
The Red Sox have some more trouble. Curt Schilling was on ESPN yesterday and said that the Red Sox' 5th starter Byung-Hyun Kim could win 20 games.