PDA

View Full Version : Mariotti to preview Sox on AM1000


Fisk Fan
02-20-2004, 09:48 AM
I plan on changing the station, but if anyone is interested in listening to Mariotti give the people his take on the Sox, he will be starting in a few minutes. I'm sure it will be delicious!

Deadguy
02-20-2004, 09:52 AM
I'd rather get a lap dance from Joan Rivers.

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 09:57 AM
I'll bite the bullet and listen, and relay the summary. :smile: Mariotti time. :angry:

Fisk Fan
02-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I'll bite the bullet and listen, and relay the summary. :smile: Mariotti time. :angry:

I knew someone would catch my drift.......

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Lol, he started off complaining about the start time of pitchers and catchers reported for the Sox. "Why Friday, everyone knows that it will just bleed into the weekend and no one will notice." What Jay? He's reaching.

cheeses_h_rice
02-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Lol, he started off complaining about the start time of pitchers and catchers reported for the Sox. "Why Friday, everyone knows that it will just bleed into the weekend and no one will notice." What Jay? He's reaching.

Translation: this gives me and all the lazy journalists from Chicago an easy excuse for going light on Sox coverage.

:moron

Egg-zactly.

nodiggity59
02-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Details for out of staters please! Even if it's all trash

bestkosher
02-20-2004, 11:00 AM
they can just edit and play the opener from last season and it will beabout identical

Viva Magglio
02-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Lol, he started off complaining about the start time of pitchers and catchers reported for the Sox. "Why Friday, everyone knows that it will just bleed into the weekend and no one will notice." What Jay? He's reaching.

I checked the dates other teams' pitchers and catchers report. In addition to our own Chicago White Sox, the following teams would also be critized by Jay for reporting today or later this weekend:

Cactus League
Milwaukee Brewers
Seattle Mariners
San Diego Padres
Oakland Athletics
Texas Rangers
Arizona Diamondbacks

Grapefruit League
Pittsburgh Pirates
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox
St. Louis Cardinals
Florida Marlins
Houston Astros
Minnesota Twins
Cleveland Indians

That's 15 teams besides the White Sox whose pitchers and catchers are reporting today or later this weekend. That is half the major leagues. I don't listen to Moronotti, but I sure hope someone brought this up to that dope. This is yet another shread of evidence of Moronotti's bias against the White Sox. I decide to waste my brain cells better listening to Boers & Bernstein instead, who are ripping the hype surrounding Greg Maddux.

I wonder if Moronotti will even have to guts to go to Tucson. Probably nay.

But don't you worry. We'll get plenty of media attention this Wednesday. A Chicago sports media convoy of C.W. McCall proportions will travel from Mesa to Tucson down I-10. Why? They'll all want to be there because they will want to foment open warfare between Ozzie Guillen and Frank Thomas so that they can malign the White Sox even further.

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I checked the dates other teams' pitchers and catchers report. In addition to our own Chicago White Sox, the following teams would also be critized by Jay for reporting today or later this weekend:

Cactus League
Milwaukee Brewers
Seattle Mariners
San Diego Padres
Oakland Athletics
Texas Rangers
Arizona Diamondbacks

Grapefruit League
Pittsburgh Pirates
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox
St. Louis Cardinals
Florida Marlins
Houston Astros
Minnesota Twins
Cleveland Indians

That's 15 teams besides the White Sox whose pitchers and catchers are reporting today or later this weekend. That is half the major leagues. I don't listen to Moronotti, but I sure hope someone brought this up to that dope. This is yet another shread of evidence of Moronotti's bias against the White Sox. I decide to waste my brain cells better listening to Boers & Bernstein instead, who are ripping the hype surrounding Greg Maddux.

I wonder if Moronotti will even have to guts to go to Tucson. Probably nay.

But don't you worry. We'll get plenty of media attention this Wednesday. A Chicago sports media convoy of C.W. McCall proportions will travel from Mesa to Tucson down I-10. Why? They'll all want to be there because they will want to foment open warfare between Ozzie Guillen and Frank Thomas so that they can malign the White Sox even further. I always want the Sox to do well, but I would love it if Mariotti had to eat his words. The thing is that even if they win the division, he'll have something negative to say. However, the one thing he does give the Sox credit for is the hiring of Guillen. He likes the move, as do I. Other than that though, he is mostly just an idiot scraping for anything he can distort to make himself look great.

Iwritecode
02-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I always want the Sox to do well, but I would love it if Mariotti had to eat his words. The thing is that even if they win the division, he'll have something negative to say.

Actually, last year win the Sox started winning and looked like they might make the post-season, the Moron changed his tune and acted like he had predicted it to happen all along. He never goes back and reads his previous columns before writing new ones...

RKMeibalane
02-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Actually, last year win the Sox started winning and looked like they might make the post-season, the Moron changed his tune and acted like he had predicted it to happen all along. He never goes back and reads his previous columns before writing new ones...

That's why he's an idiot. :D:

Fisk Fan
02-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Actually, last year win the Sox started winning and looked like they might make the post-season, the Moron changed his tune and acted like he had predicted it to happen all along. He never goes back and reads his previous columns before writing new ones...

That's how I remember it.

cheeses_h_rice
02-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
That's why he's an idiot. :D:

And the biggest windsock in Chicago.

Mammoo
02-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Didn't get to listen much, but JM insisted that he roots for all Chicago teams to win, including the White Sox because it makes his job more fun and interesting. Additionally, he has no personal ax to grind with the Sox.

Listening this morning also reaffirmed my feeling that Corey McPherrin is one of the biggest ass-holes in Chicago media. I thought he was going to serve up some fellatio to the J-Man!

CubKilla
02-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
And the biggest windsock in Chicago.

The banned from WSI SoxDude makes Moronotti look like a pillar of strength during a Force-12 storm.

Brian26
02-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
Listening this morning also reaffirmed my feeling that Corey McPherrin is one of the biggest ass-holes in Chicago media. I thought he was going to serve up some fellatio to the J-Man!

And how. What a dueche bag.

I loved it when Jay said that Corey is the hardest working tv anchor in the city because on Wednesday nights he's usually out visiting high school athletes in their living rooms instead of looking for good video clips.

That comment didn't creep me out.

duke of dorwood
02-20-2004, 02:31 PM
What's scary is that wherever the Sox are discussed, all that is mentioned is the new manager, a guy who's never filled out a line up yet. Expectations for the players are not mentioned.

ChiSox14305635
02-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Actually, I thought McFerrin wasn't that bad. He seemed to try to take up for the Sox in some cases. But it seemed like everytime he tried to, Kotex Boy would just counter with something negative. He started off his "Sox Talk" by referring to Frank as the Big Blurt. He said exactly what I expected him to say about the Sox. He also took a grand total of 2 calls from Sox fans, which he probably pre-screened ahead of time. After 10 minutes, I gave up and turned. He really gives the impression that he's never stepped foot at 35th and Shields. He is the biggest piece of trash walking the streets of Chicago.

cheeses_h_rice
02-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
Actually, I thought McFerrin wasn't that bad. He seemed to try to take up for the Sox in some cases. But it seemed like everytime he tried to, Kotex Boy would just counter with something negative. He started off his "Sox Talk" by referring to Frank as the Big Blurt. He said exactly what I expected him to say about the Sox. He also took a grand total of 2 calls from Sox fans, which he probably pre-screened ahead of time. After 10 minutes, I gave up and turned. He really gives the impression that he's never stepped foot at 35th and Shields. He is the biggest piece of trash walking the streets of Chicago.

:nandrolone

Phew! That lets me off the hook!