PDA

View Full Version : Updated Renovation Pics

dllrbll7
02-20-2004, 01:26 AM
Hey just thought i would let u know that the sox have updated the official renovation pics on their website. Just like usual their are 10 shots from the exact same place with the zoom adjusted but their still interesting. There is one cool one of the frame set up on the ground.
Chicago WhiteSox (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=cws)

SSN721
02-20-2004, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the pics, nice to see it all coming together. I really like the new lights that they are putting up, think they look great. :D:

mrwag
02-20-2004, 08:48 AM
I just hope they get more guys working on that job. It sure looks to me like they've got a lot of work left and not much time to get it done.

Brian26
02-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by mrwag
I just hope they get more guys working on that job. It sure looks to me like they've got a lot of work left and not much time to get it done.

Actually they've made a heck of a lot of progress in the past two weeks. They'll be fine.

soxnut
02-20-2004, 10:12 AM
It's going to look so good when it's done. What a difference. Now, hopefully one of the other minor changes I would like to see is getting rid of the blue padding on the walls and the dugout railing. It looks terrible on tv.

But anyway, that roof is really changing the character of the ballpark. It actually gives the park some character. The lights are what exactly what I expected, very cool. :D:

1951Campbell
02-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Great...now the nattering nabobs of negativity can complain about the view-obstructing posts.

cheeses_h_rice
02-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
Great...now the nattering nabobs of negativity can complain about the view-obstructing posts.

I've got my letter to Sox management already pre-written...

:)

CubKilla
02-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell

I could care less about posts obstructing my view. I'd rather the renovations be done to the on-field product rather than the ballpark. Since when has the ballpark translated into W-L..... Metrodome not withstanding?

Kittle
02-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
It's going to look so good when it's done. What a difference. Now, hopefully one of the other minor changes I would like to see is getting rid of the blue padding on the walls and the dugout railing. It looks terrible on tv.

But anyway, that roof is really changing the character of the ballpark. It actually gives the park some character. The lights are what exactly what I expected, very cool. :D:

I agree and I think it's BS that the media isn't giving them the credit they deserve. The place looks a HELL of a lot nicer than it did four years ago: taking out the "summit" seats in the UD, the batter's eye, the improved concourses (especially the club section!), the larger JumboTron, painting the girders black... and now the roof. By opening day, this place will no longer be the "Ball Mall."

Now, if only JR would reinstate the old ticket prices... :angry:

ShoelessFred
02-20-2004, 02:34 PM
forget ticket prices, reinstate the 1993 or 1994 rosters...