PDA

View Full Version : If the White Sox won the World Series...

SoxFan76
02-19-2004, 09:03 PM
What would you do? Now I'm serious. I don't neccesarily mean this year, but just in general. I would seriously cry. I can tell you right now I would break down and cry. It hasn't happened since 1917. People have lived out their whole lives without seeing the Sox win the Series. That is just crazy to think about.

ode to veeck
02-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Be nice if they got the beat the Cubs in the series

munchman33
02-19-2004, 09:22 PM
This thread should be in pink.

Deadguy
02-19-2004, 09:26 PM
Give away my prized collection of Alf pogs. Remember Alf? He's back....in pog form.

DSpivack
02-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Forgot about winning the Series- even just making the Series, would the air raid sirens go off again?

Now that would be cool.

Lip Man 1
02-19-2004, 09:27 PM
I'd get drunk for a week.

Lip

SoxFan76
02-19-2004, 09:32 PM
We got da mayor on our side. I'm sure he would do something cool.

Clarkdog
02-19-2004, 09:39 PM
I'd wake up the next morning on Jimbo's Bar.

Thunderstruck30
02-19-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
Give away my prized collection of Alf pogs. Remember Alf? He's back....in pog form.

You sold my soul for pogs????

If the Sox won the WS, I would go outside and run around cheering as loud as I could, rub it in to all my Cub fan friends, and then most likely cry.

mantis1212
02-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I'd get drunk for a week.

Lip

here here

MRKARNO
02-19-2004, 10:36 PM
First of all, I would do my damndest to try and be at every potential clinching game that I could because it's potentially a once in a lifetime event. I would want to be with a lot of other sox fans in some capacity. I would cheer for hours/days/weeks/years. If it were before the cubs won I would probably remind cubs fans as often as possible and rub it in their faces to remind them. I would buy all the WS merchandise and wear it as much as possible and buy extras for the future. I would have 3 copies of the games or whatever on DVD in case any got scratched and I would watch every day for the first month. It would be incredible

It would be like a great oscar movie

SoxxoS
02-19-2004, 10:41 PM
The price tag for a game 7 ticket at the Cell would be outrageous...

That being said, I would pay all that and more. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Once in a lifetime? How about once in 2 lifetimes?

minastirith67
02-20-2004, 01:14 AM
Get drunk and riot in the city just like in '91...bust a few cubbie skulls too

hillbilly
02-20-2004, 01:31 AM
I am totally not joking around...I wouldn't even know what to do. An event like that would need super drastic measures. None of us can comprehend any of the onslaught we would do brought on by the sox even being in the series, let alone winning it. I will seriously have to think about what id do for the series, because the moment will come and go and we will still be trying to figure it out and its not gonna be like we had imagined it and we will regret it for the rest of our lives. So fellas think about what you will do for the series and how you will celebrate bc if the moment comes and your lost, you will not be happy. :D:

hillbilly
02-20-2004, 01:32 AM
and then we meet our maker so everyone quit your jobs and nail that hot bartender

chisoxmike
02-20-2004, 02:00 AM
Wow, I've actually thought of this. Maybe thats sad. My life would be complete with seeing the White Sox win the world series. I would probably cry... and I wouldn't care who saw me. Then I will blast the Blues Brothers Sweet Home Chicago...our victory song. Probably go down to the cell and celebrate with all the fans. It would be the happiest day of my life! :)

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

TaylorStSox
02-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Hell. If that ever happens, I'll stop drinking!!!

Kuzman
02-20-2004, 02:52 AM
i think i would be thrown in jail for running around the north side naked shakin my fat ass all around in the cubbies fans face!

jeremyb1
02-20-2004, 04:11 AM
Yeah, I think I'd cry. Just the excitement of the playoffs in '00, even the thought of being on the national stage and the possibility of advancing just one round was incredibly exciting for me. It would just be an amazing occurance.

SSN721
02-20-2004, 07:03 AM
I cant even fathom what I would do. I would want to be somewhere with a lot of fans, because I dont know how feasible it would be for me to actually get any tickets to the games. Considering how excited I was last year and in 2000 I cant imagine how I would emotionally handle them in the Series or winning it. I would definately cry, nto care at all who saw that. Lot of drinking would be involved and then long for the season again a few minutes after the clincher, because I will realize it went by so fast and might never happen again in my lifetime.

guillen4life13
02-20-2004, 08:22 AM
I'd probably end up in jail for something or the other-- probably for playing mailbox baseball on some scrub-fans' houses (and target them specifically). Then I would get ploughed, and the next morning, my parents would be posting bail to get me out of the cell.

The Cell... get it?

That was stupid. I have school Bye.

Realist
02-20-2004, 08:55 AM
I've already vowed to burn down Wrigley Field in celebration. How cool would that be? We'd have a World Series and the Flubbie fans would have the smouldering ashes of urine.

Then, and only then, I would finally be able to stop kissing Steve Bartman's picture before I go to sleep each nite. Gawd I love that boy!!

Dadawg_77
02-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Guys, we just won the world series. **** the Cubs, let us celebrate till the Sun comes up or we pass out. That would be my reaction. I wouldn't rub in cub fan faces, the big smile on my face would do that by itself.

Baby Fisk
02-20-2004, 09:37 AM
- whoop it up until the neighbours call the police
- drink my face off in wild celebration
- crank the stereo until the windows rattle
- run outside and roar and shake my fists at the sky
- keep drinking
- think about Veeck and start crying
- is there such a thing as a one-man riot?
- vomit, then drink some more
- and live the rest of my life happily ever after! :cool:

PINWHEELS
02-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
What would you do? Now I'm serious. I don't neccesarily mean this year, but just in general. I would seriously cry. I can tell you right now I would break down and cry. It hasn't happened since 1917. People have lived out their whole lives without seeing the Sox win the Series. That is just crazy to think about. I Would buy 2 of the largest White Sox Flags I Could find and drive to clark and addison. Tape one to wrigley field and then drive around the corner and tape the other to murphy's bleechers! And then step inside for a pint and talk to every cub fan I could find and rip em! :gulp:

ChiSox65
02-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Yeah, I think I'd cry. Just the excitement of the playoffs in '00, even the thought of being on the national stage and the possibility of advancing just one round was incredibly exciting for me. It would just be an amazing occurance.

CRYING??!!!............There's no crying in baseball!!!.........

vegyrex
02-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by TaylorStSox
Hell. If that ever happens, I'll stop drinking!!!

I'd start drink :D:

Foulke You
02-20-2004, 05:39 PM
Yankees fans should read this thread and learn how spoiled they truly are. What just about every generation of Yankees fans has experienced from young to old, winning a World Series is a foreign concept to us. Our fanbase would be overcome with joy to win just ONE championship.

As far as what I would do? If the deciding game were at Comiskey, I for sure would be there whether I had to sell blood and organs to get tickets, I'd do it. There is no chance I'd miss that. If the Sox were out of town, I'd be at a bar with my friends and a lot of other Sox fans. I'd be drinking all night long and I would have a smile you wouldn't be able to wipe off my face for weeks. I would wear my White Sox World Series Champions t-shirt every day for about 1 full year, both to work and social functions, washing it periodically of course. :D:

southsidegirl
02-20-2004, 05:44 PM
I would cry, I cried in 2000 when they won the central. I would cry and laugh so hard that I would throw up. I would run down the street singing "HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE!" at the top of my lungs. I would call up Jimmy and laugh at him and the Cubs. I would never take my Ordonez jersey off. I would bang pots and pans and scream and dance and steal my parent's vodka.......

SoxFan76
02-20-2004, 06:02 PM
When Frank hit that walk-off to sweep the Twins, I went nuts. That wasn't even a division clinching game, or even a playoff game. Since I had no interest in sports in the early 90's (hey, i was 5), I have no idea what it is like to have my team win a playoff series. So for the Sox to win the World freakin' Series, I honestly can't imagine what I would seriously do.

And I WOULD NOT rub it in the faces of Cub fans. We can't stoop down to their level. The fact that people have lived long lives without seeing the Sox win a Series is just crazy, and rubbing it in would be the last thing on my mind.

southsidegirl
02-20-2004, 06:25 PM
OMG! That Twins game was the day after my birthday! I ran outside screaming and my dad locked me out of the house.

kittle42
02-20-2004, 08:15 PM
I would walk the few blocks from my house to Wrigley and just laugh.

Thunderstruck30
02-21-2004, 01:09 AM
I dont think I would go to sleep that night.

StillMissOzzie
02-21-2004, 01:22 AM
Party like it's 1906! I just hope it happens before the Scrubs do it, as that will take off some of the glow.

SMO
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

[ Four gulps, for each WS victory! ]

red faber
02-21-2004, 08:43 PM
What would you do? Now I'm serious. I don't neccesarily mean this year, but just in general. I would seriously cry. I can tell you right now I would break down and cry. It hasn't happened since 1917. People have lived out their whole lives without seeing the Sox win the Series. That is just crazy to think about.

it would be incredible if the sox won it.

but it's only a pipe dream as long as reinsdork owns this team...

WSox8404
02-21-2004, 09:23 PM

To tell you the truth I would cry too. I am only 19 years old right now, but I know damn well that I rank up there with the biggest Sox fans in the City. It would be the greatest day of my life, well right behind the birth of my son that occured last week. He is going to be a die hard Sox fan just like his pops. I am also trying to make my fiance interested in baseball more than she is now. She does hate the Cubs already, so I am starting to do my job. Now we just need to attend some more Sox games and then I think I will have her hooked. Wish me luck with that. Go Sox forever.

A. Cavatica
02-21-2004, 10:17 PM
I'd find the first base umpire and beat the crap out of him.

chisox06
02-21-2004, 10:41 PM
first off if the deciding game was at Comiskey, I would be going, doesnt matter what it takes, wouldn't miss that for the world. After they won I would spend about 5 hours gettin roudy with everyone at the park, dont even wanna think about how awesome that would be. Then I head down to Wrigley and put a Sox hat on the Harry Carey statue. Because Im not married and I have no kids, that would be the single greatest event in my life. Be ONE HELL of a party.

konerkopeachy
02-21-2004, 11:16 PM
I think I'd just go out of my friggin' mind, dude.

MiamiSpartan
02-22-2004, 04:30 PM
I cried after the Fish won both their titles... I'd probably have a nervous breakdown if the Sox win it...
I did rub the Marlin's title in my older sister's face (She's a Cub fan..) when I was out celebrating...I called her on my cell phone, so she could hear everybody celebrating... :D:

doublem23
02-22-2004, 04:58 PM
I'd try my ass off to get a ticket to the game, but if I couldn't, I'd be outside the Cell... With loads of booze.

Chrisaway
02-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Man when (I'm being optimistic here) they win it I'll hop in my car, drive to Clark and Addison and runthe streets with a sock with a poolball in it smashing anyone who attempts to interrupt my joy. Afterwards (if im not in jail) I'll head down to the south side and find where you all are drinkin and buy you all a round. Then I would probably wake up the next day in a random person's backyard with no recollection of what just happened, grab a sun times, read the headline, and die a happy man.

...whew what a headrush

SoxFanSince67
02-22-2004, 07:49 PM
I would shake my head in total disbelief at all those johnny-come-latelys who suddenly became Sox fans.

For ther Sox to win the World Series, they would first have to be in the Series which means, Fox would have to spend considerable time giving air-time to celebrites attending the game. What celebrites would be sitting in the expensive sears donning Sox caps?

southsidegirl
02-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanSince67
I would shake my head in total disbelief at all those johnny-come-latelys who suddenly became Sox fans.

For ther Sox to win the World Series, they would first have to be in the Series which means, Fox would have to spend considerable time giving air-time to celebrites attending the game. What celebrites would be sitting in the expensive sears donning Sox caps?

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v39/layla239/stuff/White%20Sox/pope.jpg

This guy maybe?

DSpivack
02-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v39/layla239/stuff/White%20Sox/pope.jpg

This guy maybe?

Wow. That's certainly original.

Of course, being a White Sox fan often necessitates prayer.

Kittle
02-22-2004, 08:34 PM
I get ****-faced drunk and do a lot of jumping up and down and yelling. And probably some crying as well.

I'd drag my hung-over ass to the phone the next morning and call in sick...

... and then do it all over again! :smile:

southsidegirl
02-22-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Wow. That's certainly original.

Since that isn't in teal, I'll assume that you were being sincere. Thank you. :)

DSpivack
02-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
Since that isn't in teal, I'll assume that you were being sincere. Thank you. :)

Sorry if I sounded sarcastic. Wasn't trying to be.