PDA

View Full Version : How will the White Sox do in 04?

MRKARNO
02-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Just to get the sense of how my fellow sox fans feel about 04

whitesoxwilkes
02-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Above .500 AGAIN, but no division title, AGAIN...

:davidbyrne

"Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was."

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-19-2004, 07:40 PM
As I tell my wife every morning. I'm up, I'm up!

Time to raise the flag. World Series and no less.
Can someone pass me another beer? :gulp: :gulp:

munchman33
02-19-2004, 08:21 PM
I say both below .500 and division champs.

sas1974
02-19-2004, 08:28 PM
I still think we've got a good shot at winning the Comedy Central. Beyond that...I wouldn't go making any bets.

ChiSoxJay
02-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Just to get the sense of how my fellow sox fans feel about 04

I know things don't look well on paper, but if Ozzie can get some of these guys fired up and out of the comma Manuel left them in, I think they have a great chance of at least winning the division. Yeah we lost some great players and Frank is his usual crabby self, but we still have the same potent offense from a couple years back and great young players waiting for an oppurtunity to step up. I'm hoping to see some good performances in Spring Training. Anyone spending anytime at spring training?

RedPinStripes
02-19-2004, 09:55 PM
Are you ****ting me? 11 people think this roster of **** is going to win this division? If you're going to watch a AL central team in the playoffs, get to know the Royals.
:chunks

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-19-2004, 10:01 PM
World series! Go sox! :)

MRKARNO
02-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Are you ****ting me? 11 people think this roster of **** is going to win this division? If you're going to watch a AL central team in the playoffs, get to know the Royals.

I realize that this offseason has been really bad and the Cubs offseason has been really good, but you have to evaluate the season more objectively in my view. This division is AWFUL and even a mediocre team like the White Sox are going to be extremely serious contenders. The White Sox have a somewhat shaky pitching staff, but its still FAR better than the Twins and Royals pitching staffs and we still have an offense to match them both if it isnt better. The difference is that the Twins and Royals have overacheived while the White Sox have underacheived.

MRKARNO
02-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Wow, it looks like we have an even split in terms of whether or not people think the White Sox will be in the playoffs or not.

I knew we were divided, but not this evenly.