PDA

View Full Version : Scrubs-Yankees World Series Preview

blackjack29
02-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Todays Sun-Times has an article giving the Scrubs-Yankees World Series matchups, who has the edge in hitting, pitching, managers, etc.

And people wonder why a lot of Sox fans can't stand the Scrubs and their fans.

KingXerxes
02-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Here is my question:

How does a Sun-Times article - even one as stupid as the one you've sited - have anything to do with Cub fans?

ChiSox14305635
02-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Be careful. You'll get some posters on here going "If the White Sox made these type of moves, they'd be the ones getting the press".

And by the looks of that headline, looks like the Cubune officially brainwashed all the people at the Sun, excuse me Cub-Times.

Oh well, at least there is the Daily Southtown.

rdivaldi
02-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Make sure to cut that article out, xerox it, and send it to the GMs of the Astros, Phillies, and Giants.

Baby Fisk
02-19-2004, 03:26 PM
This sort of thing will make the collapse of one if not both of those teams so much sweeter.

MRKARNO
02-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by rdivaldi
Make sure to cut that article out, xerox it, and send it to the GMs of the Astros, Phillies, and Giants.

It makes really good Bulliten board material for their teams.

I for one am going to keep all of the ridiculous predictions in a folder so that I can read them and laugh at them in October

chisoxmike
02-19-2004, 05:25 PM
I counted 6 articles on the Cubs today in the Sun-Times, I'm surprised the Trib didn't have a special pull-out section today too. The article on the world series match up really pissed me off today. I want to save it and look at it in october, just like i kept the front page of the sun-times when the Cubs lost game 6.

oldcomiskey
02-19-2004, 05:46 PM
what day? cause it aint on the online edition of the Sun-Times

chisoxmike
02-19-2004, 05:50 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-series19.html

oldcomiskey
02-19-2004, 05:57 PM
thank you

DSpivack
02-19-2004, 06:55 PM
absolutely disgusting.

Foulke You
02-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
absolutely disgusting.

My thoughts exactly. I wonder if the writer had his pants down to his ankles while writing this article?

gosox3072
02-19-2004, 08:28 PM
I cant believe this. This could be the cockiest thing ive seen since the super bowl shuffle, heck why dont the cubs make a world series shuffle now?

Clarkdog
02-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Remember this article.

Karmic justice will bite the Cubs hard for this.

Plus, this isn't even news. I thought a newspaper contained NEWS - factual reporting based on actual events. Not rash speculation on the ultimate outcome of a season where one game has yet to be played.

The Sun-Times is such a rag.

CubKilla
02-19-2004, 11:26 PM
At least, in the end, they have the Yankees beating the Cubs. But crap like this, before ST even starts, is pushing it..... even for the Cub-loving Chicago media.

SSN721
02-20-2004, 06:22 AM
Yeah its a total fluff piece, but would any of us be as critical if an article like that was written if the Sox were as strong as the Cubs appear to be before the season starts. I dont mean to be a media supporter, its a pretentious and cocky article and I truly hope it comes back to bite them with bad karma later this year. I just think it is not really worth worrying about, just more stupid propaganda from an overexcited writer. Wont lose any sleep over it. :cool:

Hangar18
02-20-2004, 10:38 AM
She has to be one of the dumbest writers Ive ever read. This is the woman who wrote that CubFluff article awhile back, calling for a contest to give Kerry Wood a nickname, and how he deserved one. She has set women sportswriters/journalists back into the 1960's with this Irresponsible, Propoganda Laced piece. Unbelievable. They havnt played ONE GAME in spring training, and the Chicago Media COntinues to go Irresponsibly Hog Wild in their worthless articles and cubby love.

Dick Allen
02-20-2004, 10:42 AM
I believe Slezak lives in Wrigleyville - good, more unbiased reporting.

Hangar18
02-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
Yeah its a total fluff piece, but would any of us be as critical if an article like that was written if the Sox were as strong as the Cubs appear to be...............
......... just more stupid propaganda from an overexcited writer. Wont lose any sleep over it.

That would never happen. Because if the SOX were spending the money and loading up and filling their holes, and had the Best team theyve ever had out there, the CHICAGO MEDIA instead would be Writing articles wondering Why the cubs arent good, dustys new toothpick distributor, sammys birthday party, and the effect its having on other superstars wanting to have birthday parties in other countries (Carol Sleazak would write that article) the effect on cubs losses on the chicago economy and how its bad for chicago if the cubs keep losing (Mike Kiley-beat writer gone bad- would write that article).
So if the sox made the moves, we STILL wouldnt get the coverage. You can take that to the bank.

skottyj242
02-20-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm not defending anyone here but I remember we got the same kind of attention in 2001 after we got David Wells. I didn't hear anyone complaining then. A lot of you people are starting to make me sick. This is a WHITE SOX fan page, not an anti Cub page. I read all you people complaining about this and that and why we're always come in second in a two team race. I too hate the lack of attention our team gets but it probably won't change any time soon. I think one of the main reasons we're treated like second class citizens is because of you people, the so called die hards. If you don't want to be looked down apon, stop worrying about what they're doing and start concentrating on what we've done. You people are no better than the beer drinking frat boy bleacher bums we all hate so much. I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this but I had to get it off my chest. Bring it on.