PDA

View Full Version : Sox-Cups on WGN March 13th..........

Medford Bobby
02-19-2004, 11:41 AM
so mark that on your calender.......this time the Sox are in Mesa....will all the regular position guys make the trip or will alot of minor leaguers show up??.............well, I hope they still beat the Cups :D:

:chimp "Count how many times I say "White Sock" during the broadcast!!"

SoxxoS
02-19-2004, 12:11 PM
:chimp

"Swung on and Belted by Sammy!!!! OH boy he got a hold of that one!!!!

Cought by Willie Harris.

ewokpelts
02-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
well, I hope they still beat the Cups :D:

cups? how stupid is that? if ur going to intentionally butcher the cute and cuddlies name, at least use something that's funny or interesting...like scrubbies...or flubs...
Gene

Medford Bobby
02-19-2004, 12:27 PM
:gulp: AS I said before there are over 10,000 spent beer cups laying around the world's largest outdoor saloon, which proves my point that people go there to see the babes and catch a beer buzz and don't care what kind of crap is on the field......

:chimp "Yea Medford Bobby, that's lame calling them Cups, why not try "Nerdsiders" in honour of a great baseball fan and sharp dresser Steve Bartman"

jabrch
02-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
:chimp

"Swung on and Belted by Sammy!!!! OH boy he got a hold of that one!!!!

Cought by Willie Harris.

Sounds like you got a little of your Grandpappy in ya Chipper!

jabrch
02-19-2004, 01:20 PM
:gulp: AS I said before there are over 10,000 spent beer cups laying around the world's largest outdoor saloon, which proves my point that people go there to see the babes and catch a beer buzz and don't care what kind of crap is on the field......

:chimp "Yea Medford Bobby, that's lame calling them Cups, why not try "Nerdsiders" in honour of a great baseball fan and sharp dresser Steve Bartman"

I wish the crap we had on the field was half as good as the crap they will have on the field this year.

They potentially have a 110 win team on their hands. If we get lucky, we wil end up 90 win team in the worst division in baseball. We will probably be hanging right around .500 all year until our next White Flag trade comes along in July. I am so bummed out right now.

Medford Bobby
02-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Really, if the Sox at least were trying to build a club like the Marlins (bunch of decent talent, hungry to play) you could feel good about our chance of winning.....Even an A-Wad trade to the Sox would not help....It's all gonna be down to pitching, and I still feel Buehrle ha got to start the season hot like 3 and 1 or it's not going to happen...........how bout Garland as closer :?: ...sorta like what happen to Rocky Biddle as a failed starter????????

kittle42
02-19-2004, 01:37 PM

No, nerdsiders is about as bad as cups. Actually, it may be better.

MRKARNO
02-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
They potentially have a 110 win team on their hands.

In all honesty, they dont. They might win 105, but 110 is really out of reach for this team.

You've been listening to Cubbie propaganda too much

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-19-2004, 04:27 PM
I hope Reed gets some play time so I can finally see what he's all about.

Baby Fisk
02-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
cups? how stupid is that? if ur going to intentionally butcher the cute and cuddlies name, at least use something that's funny or interesting...like scrubbies...or flubs...
Gene
Cups could also refer to the other kind...you know...the kind that the Cubs aren't fit to carry... am I making any sense here?!?!

Palehose13
02-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
In all honesty, they dont. They might win 105, but 110 is really out of reach for this team.

105??? They didn't even win 90 last year. Yes, they have made improvements but nothing to give them 15 more wins than last year. Believe it or not, the cubs have question marks. I think Houston is going to give them a run for their money.

jabrch
02-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

105, 110 - what's the difference (answer: 5 games) Come on...I am all for nitpicking, but when I say they might win 110 and you tell me they might win 105, aren't we shaving hairs there?

105, 110 - who the F*** cares? We aren't coming anywhere close to that number - and I am not happy about it. In this division, with the unbalanced schedule, we should be a 100 win team.

jabrch
02-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
105??? They didn't even win 90 last year. Yes, they have made improvements but nothing to give them 15 more wins than last year. Believe it or not, the cubs have question marks. I think Houston is going to give them a run for their money.

Not that I like hyping the Cubs - but how can you say they haven't improved 15 games.

A) Maddux over Shawn Estes
B) Derek Lee over Choi
C) Aramis all season over junk that they had last year
D) Patterson all season vs Lofton
E) Walker and Hollandsworth on the bench over Harris and Ojeda
F) Hawkins over Alfonseca

You don't think that is 15 games?