PDA

View Full Version : sox will be good this year because...

habibharu
02-19-2004, 10:43 AM
1. they arent the favorites like they have been the last 3 years.
2. the entire media is too busy sipping scrub koolaid to notice what the sox are doing, so theres no pressure.
3. ozzie will bring fire to the club
4. the division blows!

Mammoo
02-19-2004, 10:53 AM
....an alien space craft will swoop down and kidnap Owner Jerry. He will be held captive while having all manner of unspeakable invasive experiments performed on him.

The aliens will quickly tire of him, returning the White Sox owner to earth.

When returned, he will be so happy, he'll spend lavishly on a variety of talented players, returning the South Siders to their rightful place in the pantheon of Chicago sports.

IlliniSox
02-19-2004, 11:23 AM
84 was supposed to be our year, but the scrubs took that summer over. Payback is a bitch, June 25, 2004.

skottyj242
02-19-2004, 11:43 AM
we have seven of nine position players returning. Mags is in a contract year. The division is weak. Because with all the attention they're gonna get on the north side we can win ugly again but also silently. I'm gonna go to at least forty games so they'd better win.

mike squires
02-19-2004, 11:44 AM
I don't want to think this but that picture of Maggs makes me think he might have received mail from the same dude sheffield did. :o:

SSN721
02-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Division is awfully weak, no expectations this year, no pressure. Can see lots of players stepping up and taking the division no problem, since they arent "supposed to" this year. I am a little optomistic. :cool:

VeeckAsInWreck
02-19-2004, 12:07 PM
I'll be damned, there is a thread on this board with some positivity!

I've been having the same feeling about the Sox sneaking in under the radar. Hopefully Ozzie can fire this team up.

CubKilla
02-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I'll be damned, there is a thread on this board with some positivity!

The only thing I'm positive of is the White Sox getting completely destroyed in the ALDS if they win the AL Central with the team they have right now.

SoxxoS
02-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
The only thing I'm positive of is the White Sox getting completely destroyed in the ALDS if they win the AL Central with the team they have right now.

We won't have the same team we have right now come August 1st...it's either going to be addition or subtraction. But something is going to happen.