PDA

View Full Version : We're Due for Some Good News

Maximo
02-19-2004, 08:02 AM
Don't know when it's going to happen.....or what form it's going to take....but we are due.

Yesterday, February 18, was tough for a lot of us to take. I'm not even sure if we've "hit bottom", yet what with the Frank Thomas rumors out there. I'm prepared that it will turn into a fiasco.

However....something good will happen. Has to......pendulums swing back and forth.

Obviously....I'm not an 'optimist'....just an old 'broken down horseplayer' who's seen too many years of streaks.....both good and bad.

SSN721
02-19-2004, 09:19 AM
I only hope your right, wish to say it cant get any lower, but some bad trades and we could lose Frank and maybe Magglio before ST, as unlikely as it might be. But it cant get too much worse so I am just looking forward to the season started, nothing is truly decided til the end of september, season isnt played out before it starts. GO SOX. :D:

Lip Man 1
02-19-2004, 11:48 AM
We're due for some good news....

What is Uncle Jerry permanently leaving town today?

Lip

CubKilla
02-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Maximo
Don't know when it's going to happen.....or what form it's going to take....but we are due.

Yesterday, February 18, was tough for a lot of us to take. I'm not even sure if we've "hit bottom", yet what with the Frank Thomas rumors out there. I'm prepared that it will turn into a fiasco.

However....something good will happen. Has to......pendulums swing back and forth.

Obviously....I'm not an 'optimist'....just an old 'broken down horseplayer' who's seen too many years of streaks.....both good and bad.

:reinsy

"The ballpark renovations I'm not paying for are coming along splendidly."

HITMEN OF 77
02-19-2004, 12:08 PM
I don't find the Madduz signing tough to take. I think the Cubs paid a lot of money for an older pitcher who I doubt will have that great of a season and will never be the pitcher of before. He may get 10-12 wins, big deal. That's not worth 8 mil a year. John Garland will win at least 15 this year. Can't wait to shell Maddux this summer when he comes to Comiskey.

Deadguy
02-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Everyday I come to this site, hoping to read the subject line, "Konerko traded......", and everyday I leave disappointed.

This off season has been terrible, and will most likely conclude with Thomas being traded for Perez.