PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Have Career Year This Year

Happy Felsch Fan
02-18-2004, 11:47 PM
Championships are usually won with players who have had career years and or exceeded their past years production. Who do you think will have a career year and or exceed their production this year over last year?

Here are my choices:
Olivio--------Yes
Alomar------No
Konerko-----Yes
Thomas------No
Harris--------Yes
Valentine----No
Crede--------Yes
Lee-----------Yes
Rowand-----Yes
Mags---------Yes
Burlehe------Yes
Loiza---------No
Garland------Yes
Schowenweiss---No
Rest of the "staff"---No
Koch----------No
Marte---------No
Wunsch------No

MRKARNO
02-19-2004, 12:04 AM
I dont see that many career Years.

Olivo, Crede, Rowand, Harris, Marte, Schoenweis and Garland are my picks.

Jjav829
02-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Heh, I find the whole Willie Harris career year idea funny. I mean, it's pretty hard for him not to have a career year unless he is injured or replaced. Hey look, Willie's OBP is .280! He's having a career year! He needs 20 runs, 3 HR's, 39 hits, 4 doubles, 13 RBI, 13 SB, 11 BB, a .234 AVG, a .280 OBP, a .295 SLG, and a .565 OPS to have a career year. If he can't put up those numbers, he doesn't deserve to be here.

Kittle
02-19-2004, 07:27 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic that Garland will finally be able to put it all together and have more wins than losses with an ERA under 4. I see PK bouncing back and Marte will be decent in the closer role.

Outside of that, it looks like more of the same...

SSN721
02-19-2004, 08:45 AM
Garland, Olive, Rowand, Crede, and Harris only because I think he will be at least average and cant be much worse than he has been.

mike squires
02-19-2004, 08:55 AM
Crede is due to put up some huge numbers. I also like Konerko to be more consistent. Well, he'll at least have his typica solid half of the season.l

mantis1212
02-19-2004, 09:49 AM
I can definitely see Roward having a career year, as well as Crede.

skottyj242
02-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Billy Koch.

I also think this will finally be Garland's year.

Willie Harris has to have a career year because if he keeps on batting around .200 he better not be playing. Willie Harris almost makes me wish we had Deangelo Jiminez back.

rdivaldi
02-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Garland, Crede, Olivo, Harris, and Rowand better NOT have career years. That would imply that they're not going to get any better in 2005 and beyond...

My vote for a career year is Maggs...

SEALgep
02-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by rdivaldi
Garland, Crede, Olivo, Harris, and Rowand better NOT have career years. That would imply that they're not going to get any better in 2005 and beyond...

My vote for a career year is Maggs... It's assumed that it's career years up to this point.

SEALgep
02-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by skottyj242
Willie Harris almost makes me wish we had Deangelo Jiminez back. I would rather have Willie strikeout than Jimenez drop a fly ball with two outs with the bases juiced, and allow three runs to score, which we go on to lose the game.

rdivaldi
02-19-2004, 10:27 AM
It's assumed that it's career years up to this point.

Ah yes, I see that now. Reading is a skill.

jshanahanjr
02-19-2004, 10:49 AM
The only guys this year that aren't expected to improve on last year are Lee, Thomas, and Loaiza. Lee was a stud, Frank did well, and E-LO was lights out. Maggs had good year but he can do better.

SEALgep
02-19-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by rdivaldi
Ah yes, I see that now. Reading is a skill. Lol :smile:

akingamongstmen
02-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by skottyj242
Billy Koch.

I also think this will finally be Garland's year.

Willie Harris has to have a career year because if he keeps on batting around .200 he better not be playing. Willie Harris almost makes me wish we had Deangelo Jiminez back.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that one. D'Angelo was TERRIBLE. At least Willie Harris is going to try hard, which will be more than DJ ever did. Plus, Harris brings speed to the table. DJ was very slow for a middle infielder.

skottyj242
02-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Just to get it straight that Jiminez comment was meant in jest, I was the happiest person in Chicago the day he got shipped out of here. That said though I am totally anti-Willie Harris, and all I can say is I hope he proves me wrong.

maurice
02-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Olivo: probably
Alomar: no way
Konerko: he'll rebound but won't have a career year
Thomas: impossible; he can't replicate a 1.216 OPS
Harris: he better
Uribe: maybe
Valentin: no way
Crede: probably
Lee: maybe
Rowand: yes, unless Reed wins CF in the spring