PDA

View Full Version : They led off the 10:00 friggin' news with Maddux:

ChiSox14305635
02-18-2004, 10:12 PM
All of them (2, 5, 7, WGN-duh, & Fox) started their broadcasts talking about Maddux return to Chicago. The item of the day is Cubbie Kool-Aid and they're trying to force it down everybody's throat. :angry:

This town needs an enema.

Lip Man 1
02-18-2004, 10:13 PM
No...this town needs the 'other' baseball team in town to get off its dead ass and start operating like a major market club.

Until then, do you really expect anything different?

Lip

MRKARNO
02-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Well if they back up their hype with wins then they obviously deserve it to some degree.

If they turn out like the 84 or 01 White Sox or the 85 Cubs, then we'll be all laughing together here.

I can't see the cubs matching up to their hype. It's just not going to happen.

doublem23
02-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
No...this town needs the 'other' baseball team in town to get off its dead ass and start operating like a major market club.

Lip

Yeah, objectivity from sports media folks is too much to ask of them.

:moron
Ob... Ject... Iv... ity? Hey, I'm no lawyer.

Irregardless, it will make the crash and burn of the 2004 Cubs all the more entertaining. ****ing Cubs.

ChiSox14305635
02-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well if they back up their hype with wins then they obviously deserve it to some degree.

If they turn out like the 84 or 01 White Sox or the 85 Cubs, then we'll be all laughing together here.

I can't see the cubs matching up to their hype. It's just not going to happen.

I see where you're coming from, but even when (screw if) they lose, the media will just find a way to spin it around and protect them. They treat the Cubs like a Fabrege egg.

The media is becoming like the Matrix, and boards like this and Soxtalk are Zion.

soxnut
02-18-2004, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
[B]All of them (2, 5, 7, WGN-duh, & Fox) started their broadcasts talking about Maddux return to Chicago. The item of the day is Cubbie Kool-Aid and they're trying to force it down everybody's throat. :angry:

Did you really expect it to be any different?

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
All of them (2, 5, 7, WGN-duh, & Fox) started their broadcasts talking about Maddux return to Chicago. The item of the day is Cubbie Kool-Aid and they're trying to force it down everybody's throat. :angry

Heck, I am surprised they didn't break into CSPAN, HSN, History Channel, or Weather Channel yet with the story. Doesn't the entire world just love the cubbies? :angry:

:gulp: beer please!

maurice
02-19-2004, 11:29 AM
"We go now to Dan Roan reporting live from Arizona . . . where ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happened today."

This was reminicent of the time the Chicago stations all led off with the second-place cubs playing a "historical" series against the fourth-place Expos in PR the day before the series actually started.

MHOUSE
02-19-2004, 12:25 PM
Maddux's return to Chicago was yesterday's biggest story. Maybe if the Sox had done ANYTHING or something else worthwhile had happened then you could expect something different. Some of these Chicago "Cubbie-loving" complaints are stretching it. You broadcast what the people want and need to know. Maddux was the story yesterday.

ChiSox14305635
02-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Maddux's return to Chicago was yesterday's biggest story. Maybe if the Sox had done ANYTHING or something else worthwhile had happened then you could expect something different. Some of these Chicago "Cubbie-loving" complaints are stretching it. You broadcast what the people want and need to know. Maddux was the story yesterday.

Howard Dean dropped his presidential bid yesterday. Not monumental news, but for Dean supporters it probably was. Unless they were Maddux fans as well, then it was all good.

hellenicsoxfan
02-19-2004, 11:36 PM
It would have been interesting if we had a 3 inch snow "storm" yesterday. What a dilemma that would have been for our hard hitting Chicago news media. They probably would have had combined team coverage of StormWatch '04/World Series Countdown '04! What a bunch of tools. No wonder I watch the Simpsons.

red faber
02-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

i couldn't agree more lip!!!!