PDA

View Full Version : when was the last time

oldcomiskey
02-18-2004, 05:36 PM
that a team won a world series in February.....a year ago did anybody on this board think the Marlins wouldve won it all

so the Cubs overpay for a pitcher that needs the umpires help to be succesful-----big deal--and I was thinking the Yankees are nowhere my idea of a fantasy league team---forst of all I wouldnt have Lofton and Matsui in my outfield if it were and I wouldnt have Leiber and Brown in my rotation--let alone whoever is number 5 and no second baseman either... oh please

Fridaythe13thJason
02-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
that a team won a world series in February.....a year ago did anybody on this board think the Marlins wouldve won it all

so the Cubs overpay for a pitcher that needs the umpires help to be succesful-----big deal--and I was thinking the Yankees are nowhere my idea of a fantasy league team---forst of all I wouldnt have Lofton and Matsui in my outfield if it were and I wouldnt have Leiber and Brown in my rotation--let alone whoever is number 5 and no second baseman either... oh please

I think you're helping make a point of how this is all good. It's good to generate hype and excitement about a sport. It's good that Cubs, Astros, Yankees, Red Sox fans are excited and positive about the season. It's good that others are mad. It's good that some are just looking forward to some new players. Hype is good because it draws interest to the sport.

I liken it to college basketball rankings. Clearly, they're dumb for the first month of the season. The pre-season rankings are dumb, too. What it does, though, is create excitement for tv games and create debate.