PDA

View Full Version : tickets for sox series at wrigley field


waldo_the_wolf
02-18-2004, 03:49 PM
I was interested in getting tickets to see the Sox at Wrigley, but when I went to the cubs wesite, it said individual game tickets go on sale friday, february 27 at 10 am. I think it's strange that they would have tix go on sale on a friday. Pretty much every other team does it on a Saturday. That makes more sense since a lot of people wouldn't be able to order on a friday. Hopefully there will still be good seats available when I get home that day.

anewman35
02-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by waldo_the_wolf
I was interested in getting tickets to see the Sox at Wrigley, but when I went to the cubs wesite, it said individual game tickets go on sale friday, february 27 at 10 am. I think it's strange that they would have tix go on sale on a friday. Pretty much every other team does it on a Saturday. That makes more sense since a lot of people wouldn't be able to order on a friday. Hopefully there will still be good seats available when I get home that day. Btw, I wasn't sure if this belonged in the parking lot, if it does, feel free to move it there.

The Cubs did it the same way last year, putting them on sale online on a Friday morning. I tried for hours to get through on their website to get Sox tickets and had no luck. Last year, at least, they used tickets.com, which was the worst ticketing website I've ever seen, hopefully they'll go back to ticketmaster this year.

Tekijawa
02-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Obviously you never heard the Elias speech. Everyone knows that Cubs fans don't have Jobs... and since unemployment checks com out on Friday, what better time to hit them up... Before they go to the bars at noon!

SaltyPretzel
02-18-2004, 03:53 PM
They could do it on a Friday morning because like Lee Elia said, they don't have jobs. :smile:

rdivaldi
02-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Don't go to Crappy Field and give the Flubbies your hard earned money. Use the dough and go to a Sox/Flub series in the Cell.

waldo_the_wolf
02-18-2004, 03:57 PM
I thought about that no jobs thing too, but that sucks for me who has a job, they'll get first crack at my tickets.

anewman35
02-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by rdivaldi
Don't go to Crappy Field and give the Flubbies your hard earned money. Use the dough and go to a Sox/Flub series in the Cell.

I always go to a Sox/Cubs game at The Cell (last year, a few), but this year I'll be on my honeymoon during the home series. So I've got to get tickets to Wrigley if I want to see the Sox beat up on the Cubs (and trust me, I do...)

chisoxmike
02-18-2004, 04:15 PM
The game on the 4th or July will be insane!!!! I wish it could've been at the Cell. They could've made it a rare Sunday night game with a fireworks show after we kick their ass.

soxwon
02-18-2004, 04:56 PM
i personally doubt anyone will get sox-cubs seats on friday(27).
firstly 27,000 seasons tickets have been sold, thats more than half the park, secondly the best seats will go to the ticket scam agency, leaving about 1000 seats for the rest of the public, and those seats will be in the back of the upper deck, so i wouldnt even try getting tickets.
but post it if you get decent seats, good luck

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 05:39 PM
order on the phone...

1800-the-cubs.....you pay less service fees, adn you'll talk to a live person
Gene

Foulke You
02-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Does anyone know if the Flubs are still using Tickets.com? I absolutely hate that ticketing site. Not that I have any love for Ticketmaster but at least their server works relatively well. Tickets.com bogs frequently even on fast internet connections and they send you to this bogus "virtual waiting room" where you wait 2 full minutes (meanwhile tickets are being snapped up like crazy) and then they just kick you off and tell you the system is too busy. Ugh. I wasn't able to get tickets last year to that series because of that crappy ticketing service.

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Does anyone know if the Flubs are still using Tickets.com? I absolutely hate that ticketing site. Not that I have any love for Ticketmaster but at least their server works relatively well. Tickets.com bogs frequently even on fast internet connections and they send you to this bogus "virtual waiting room" where you wait 2 full minutes (meanwhile tickets are being snapped up like crazy) and then they just kick you off and tell you the system is too busy. Ugh. I wasn't able to get tickets last year to that series because of that crappy ticketing service.

yes.....why do you think more teams(asdie from the cubs and bosox, of course) are going back to tm? C'mon...the sox lasted only one year on that bs system.....
Gene

DrCrawdad
02-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Anyone?

cheeses_h_rice
02-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Anyone?

Tix go on sale next Friday, not today...

ewokpelts
02-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Tix go on sale next Friday, not today...

although group tickets are on sale now

SEALgep
02-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by waldo_the_wolf
I was interested in getting tickets to see the Sox at Wrigley, but when I went to the cubs wesite, it said individual game tickets go on sale friday, february 27 at 10 am. I think it's strange that they would have tix go on sale on a friday. Pretty much every other team does it on a Saturday. That makes more sense since a lot of people wouldn't be able to order on a friday. Hopefully there will still be good seats available when I get home that day. They do it probably because everyone works and that way they can lineup homeless people to buy their tickets, which they in turn scalp.