PDA

View Full Version : KW's definition of making the team better?

RichFitztightly
02-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Everyone always trots out the line that KW won't make a trade unless it makes the team better. What do you think his definition of "making the team better" is? Does it strictly go by talent level? Or is it what's the best possible clubhouse he can have? I know a true championship team has a combination of both. My question is, where in KW's development as GM is his philosophy? More to my point, does anyone here think he'll trade Frank for less than his talent level in return and say, "Well, we made the team better by making this a better clubhouse, right?"

Deadguy
02-18-2004, 04:29 PM
I have no doubt that he'd take a Perez-Thomas trade. He has a personal vendetta against Frank, and doesn't really care if a trade of him makes this team better or worse. Of course in KW's mind, dumping Thomas is addition by subtraction.

jeremyb1
02-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
Everyone always trots out the line that KW won't make a trade unless it makes the team better. What do you think his definition of "making the team better" is? Does it strictly go by talent level? Or is it what's the best possible clubhouse he can have? I know a true championship team has a combination of both. My question is, where in KW's development as GM is his philosophy? More to my point, does anyone here think he'll trade Frank for less than his talent level in return and say, "Well, we made the team better by making this a better clubhouse, right?"

I hope it relies on about 95% talent and at most 5% clubhouse.