PDA

View Full Version : Here is some Sox media attention...

Palehose13
02-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Usually, I would be happy about the media discussing the Sox the day that the scrubs sign Maddux. However, North is stating that if the Sox had the current Yankee team they still wouldn't sell out and that Chicago is a cubs town. What a jagbag. Geesh...I'd rather hear him salivating over Maddux.

On a positive note, I think Buffone is disagreeing with him.

Iwritecode
02-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Usually, I would be happy about the media discussing the Sox the day that the scrubs sign Maddux. However, North is stating that if the Sox had the current Yankee team they still wouldn't sell out and that Chicago is a cubs town. What a jagbag. Geesh...I'd rather hear him salivating over Maddux.

If the Sox had the current Yankee lineup we'd be talking about an all-Chicago World Series right now and almost every game would be sold out...

Palehose13
02-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
If the Sox had the current Yankee lineup we'd be talking about an all-Chicago World Series right now and almost every game would be sold out...
I agree, but as usual Mike "a Sox fan" North is talking out of his ass. Oh how I wish ESPN 1000 came in on my radio.

Fridaythe13thJason
02-18-2004, 03:37 PM

I don;t know. He has a point, as much as I hate him. I remember in 2000, the only games we sold out were some Mondays and the day the Sox came home after beating up the Yanks and Indians.

That season was fun, and awesome, and still had about 6 sellouts.

Palehose13
02-18-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
I don;t know. He has a point, as much as I hate him. I remember in 2000, the only games we sold out were some Mondays and the day the Sox came home after beating up the Yanks and Indians.

2000 White Sox roster vs. 2004 Yankee Roster
I think there would be much more than 6 sell outs.

Fridaythe13thJason
02-18-2004, 03:43 PM
2000 White Sox roster vs. 2004 Yankee Roster
I think there would be much more than 6 sell outs.

Yes, more...but not lots.

Dadawg_77
02-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Yes, more...but not lots.

Jason, you aren't seeing forest here. Look upward swing from 1999 to 2000. The season ticket base for the Sox was decimated in 1994-98. The Sox still haven't recovered. If the White Sox had Yankees roster (and I assuming success from that roster), the Sox would be topping three million a year.

Dadawg_77
02-18-2004, 03:57 PM
The Sox averaged 32K a game in 1993, to get three million you would need 37K a game. I think the Yankees roster vs our 93 roster is worth 5K.

Iwritecode
02-18-2004, 04:00 PM

Sox season ticket base in 2000 = under 10K

Sox season ticket base right now if they had the yankees roster = 30K+???

I just heard on SC last night they sold 22K tickets after they annouced the signing of Arod and are looking at almost 4 million for this year...

Palehose13
02-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
The Sox averaged 32K a game in 1993, to get three million you would need 37K a game. I think the Yankees roster vs our 93 roster is worth 5K.
You need to send that reasoning over to North. Then again, maybe not...he'd NEVER see your reasoning.

quade36
02-18-2004, 04:02 PM

Its always refreshing to hear a rare situation that Buffone isn't a total "yes man" to north.

Palehose13
02-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by quade36
Its always refreshing to hear a rare situation that Buffone isn't a total "yes man" to north.
Agreed. I almost fell out of my chair. Doug wasn't sure about hitting 3 mil, but he thought 2.6 -2.7 easy with the 2004 Yankee roster.

Fridaythe13thJason
02-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Jason, you aren't seeing forest here. Look upward swing from 1999 to 2000. The season ticket base for the Sox was decimated in 1994-98. The Sox still haven't recovered. If the White Sox had Yankees roster (and I assuming success from that roster), the Sox would be topping three million a year.

I think I've lost all hope. I'm starting to fall prey to believing things like that are true. I hope I'm wrong. I just feel the end...and I used to be a positive one around here.

Palehose13
02-18-2004, 04:48 PM
I think I've lost all hope. I'm starting to fall prey to believing things like that are true. I hope I'm wrong. I just feel the end...and I used to be a positive one around here.
Jason, come back from the dark side!!!! If we flat out suck the first few months, I will be more than happy to turn you over to the other side. :o: