PDA

View Full Version : I dont get why your so negitive

Nighthawk
02-18-2004, 01:35 PM
For the life of me I cannot understand why the Chicago White Sox fans are so against the Cubs fans and there team. Yes I know about the crosstown rilvary and the Tribune covering the Cubs so much but what do you expect there the owners of the team. I have been a Cubs fan for a long time and never seen so much hatrid for a team in my life. You can say what you want about the north side of town and how they "suck" but dont you think the city of Chicago needs a baseball champion?? its been so long what over 45 years since the last pennant came to the city by the Sox come on get off your damn high horse and realize yes root for your team but respect that for the first time in a long time Chicago will be champions again and not New York and for you people who would root for the Yankees over the Cubs in the World Series just remember I rooted for the Sox in 1983, 1994, 2000 JUST TO HAVE CHICAGO BE TOPS IN THE BASEBALL WORLD!!

Fridaythe13thJason
02-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
For the life of me I cannot understand why the Chicago White Sox fans are so against the Cubs fans and there team. Yes I know about the crosstown rilvary and the Tribune covering the Cubs so much but what do you expect there the owners of the team. I have been a Cubs fan for a long time and never seen so much hatrid for a team in my life. You can say what you want about the north side of town and how they "suck" but dont you think the city of Chicago needs a baseball champion?? its been so long what over 45 years since the last pennant came to the city by the Sox come on get off your damn high horse and realize yes root for your team but respect that for the first time in a long time Chicago will be champions again and not New York and for you people who would root for the Yankees over the Cubs in the World Series just remember I rooted for the Sox in 1983, 1994, 2000 JUST TO HAVE CHICAGO BE TOPS IN THE BASEBALL WORLD!!

If there's one thing I learned being away from Chicago, Hawk, its that Chicago means a lot to me. I don't like the Cubs, I really don't...but Chicago means more to me than anything else.

And if there's anything that could make me not like the Sox anymore, its their fans acting like a bunch of babies.

doublem23
02-18-2004, 01:45 PM

Wonderful. I hope the Cubs lose 120 ****ing games. But only if the Sox win 100 of their own.

soxruleEP
02-18-2004, 01:48 PM

Because I am not a Cub fan. If the Brewers were winning the pennant, should I root for them because they are only 80 miles away?

This "don't you want Chicago to win" stuff is old. Go peddle crazy someplace else--we've got enough of it here already.

By the way, although I hate to be the grammar police, it would be easier to read your posting and take it seriously if you managed to sprinkle a few punctuation marks among your endless stream-of-consciousness ravings.

PINWHEELS
02-18-2004, 01:50 PM
For the life of me I cannot understand why the Chicago White Sox fans are so against the Cubs fans and there team. Yes I know about the crosstown rilvary and the Tribune covering the Cubs so much but what do you expect there the owners of the team. I have been a Cubs fan for a long time and never seen so much hatrid for a team in my life. You can say what you want about the north side of town and how they "suck" but dont you think the city of Chicago needs a baseball champion?? its been so long what over 45 years since the last pennant came to the city by the Sox come on get off your damn high horse and realize yes root for your team but respect that for the first time in a long time Chicago will be champions again and not New York and for you people who would root for the Yankees over the Cubs in the World Series just remember I rooted for the Sox in 1983, 1994, 2000 JUST TO HAVE CHICAGO BE TOPS IN THE BASEBALL WORLD!! Last time I checked the SOX play the flubs 6 times a year and it counts! That is why i do not like them. And as far as hate, well you haven't been to Boston lately have you?

JC456
02-18-2004, 01:55 PM

Please explain to us why you care who Sox fans root for or not?

You root for whoever you want to, and so will we.

By the way, you have to win a penant first to get to the WS!!! :gulp:

SSN721
02-18-2004, 02:03 PM

Although I completely disagree, I understnad where you are coming from Hawk. The majority of my family are Cubs fans or just casual baseball fans that were sucked in by the circus last October and were distressed that I rooted for whomever were playing the Cubs. You say why the negativity, I say why not? I was raised by my father and grandfather thats just the way things were, you pick your loyalty and stick with it. If the Bears arent doing well shoudl I root for the Rams, Colts, or Packers (eck)? I mean, I dont care that root for both that is fine, but please do not tell Sox fans who hate the cubs that they should like them only because their homes are nine miles apart. Geography doesnt make you right, I dont force cubs fans to hate the Sox, so please dont try to say you are right that we should all be pro-Chicago no matter what. I think that is just as hypocritical. I dont see how rooting for one team and hating others is being on a high horse. I think in most sports you find that the closer teams are the more heated the rivalry. Even if it is in the same city, just look at college basketball. Anyway, thats all I have on that, not trying to change your mind, just saying that you should respect other peoples opinions and not assume your "opinion" is right.

duke of dorwood
02-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Welcome Aboard

To comment-i hate the Cub HYPE-everything they have done-through the decades we were better always was a bigger deal than Sox accomplishments. I'm just sick of it and cant help wish them the worst.

On the other hand, I am envious enough and give them all the credit in the world for what they have done this off season.

For once, they deserve the hype and I wish I could enjoy it, but I cant.

Iwritecode
02-18-2004, 02:08 PM

I believe you're looking for the Mets message board. They'll be the ones rooting for the Cubs if they happen to face the Yankees in the WS...

maurice
02-18-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm not upset with the cubs. I'm upset with the Sox for backsliding this offseason, while the cubs improve their playoff team.

I'm not against all cub fans either, though I am against the quasi-baseball fans that swell their ranks (particularly when they block my view of the game by standing in the aisles while talking on their cell phones) and the cubbie-loving Chicago media.

Fridaythe13thJason
02-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by maurice
I'm not upset with the cubs. I'm upset with the Sox for backsliding this offseason, while the cubs improve their playoff team.

I'm not against all cub fans either, though I am against the quasi-baseball fans that swell their ranks (particularly when they block my view of the game by standing in the aisles while talking on their cell phones) and the cubbie-loving Chicago media.

I, too, am annoyed by quasi-baseball fans, but if we look at it realistically, all sports would die if there weren't casual fans.

pudge
02-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Nighthawk, it goes both ways - I have Cub fans who HATE the Sox, and rip on them every chance they get... it's nice to know you rooted for us during the play-offs, but because of some of the hatred I've gotten from Cub fans, I could never root for them. I would easily cheer on the Yankees if they met in a series.

Rocky Soprano
02-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Why do I hate the Cubs?
Because I bleed Sox colors.

Randar68
02-18-2004, 02:28 PM
I just find it humorous that Cubs fans come-a-trolling only when they do something positive.

It's never a casual stroll past this message board and at some random time make a statement or comment about baseball.

SouthSideHitman
02-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Baseball is better when there are good rivalries with real emotions and the Sox and cubs have that which is great. As a Sox fan you have even more reason to hate the cubs given their local and national propaganda machine and many "fans" who watch baseball for a few weeks when the cubs do well and then making a big show of their fandom and "long-suffering" loyalty. I hate people who don't understand why certain fans hate other teams. Sports is about passion, about being able to deeply invest in that which is, ultimitly, trivial. The best fans are passionate and don't compromise their affections and that makes everything more fun.

MRKARNO
02-18-2004, 06:39 PM

In theory I have no hatred for your team.

But kick in some of the most obnoxious fans in all of baseball and the gross media imbalance you have a strong dislike. I'm sure if I moved away and didnt have to deal with cub fans that I might start feeling this way, but while I'm still here and have to take this BS, I will continue my strong dislike of the team on the north side

SoxFan76
02-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Hey Hawk, tell your fellow Cub friends if they were thinking of posting here, that if you are going to go on an all White Sox site saying our hate for the Cubs is wrong, you need to know atleast a little history of baseball in Chicago. While I'm not going to explain it here, (since I know very little compared to all the posters here, and 95% of us know the jist of it anyways), Sox fans don't hate the Cubs just for the hell of it. Haray Caray, Take Me Out to the Ballgame, the Sox continually being the better team and losing headlines to a last place team. All this stuff adds up and becomes extremely frustrating.

The only time I see Cubs fans crawl out of the bar is when they make the playoffs or make a free agent move, or a trade. If you are a fairweather fan, then fine. But don't come to me trying to enlighten me on the Cubs greatness if you don't know jack about what you are saying. (and Hawk, that's not referring to you, just the Cub fans I talk to in general).

So why can't we support the other Chicago team? The media and Cub fans haven't really given us a reason to cheer for them.

AMestan
02-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Hawk,

It's a free country and you can say what you want. Why I give 2 S%*#'s about the cubs (I don't even know why I'm responding to this)?

1. I'm not a transplant.
2. I played baseball and understand it.
3. I'm not simple.
4. I know how to drink.
5. I'm not a Chicago Wannabe from the North Shore, Lincoln Puke or Lakeview, etc,.
6. I'm honest and realistic.
7. I never joined a frat.
8. My old neighborhood (Gage Park) didn't have any ivy, or anyone who associated with it.
9. My girlfreind could care less about baseball, so I never have to explain to her about the loveable losers and their cult following or hear any nagging questions about partying at Wrigley Field.
10. I have about as much in common with the Cub's and their fans, as Mayor Daley does with Wrigleyville and their Alderman.
11. When the Cubs lose I get really happy.
12. When I see their fans cry (grown Men) on National TV, I laugh. However, I could only pray that the National audience realizes that Chicagoans don't cry over a baseball game unless they're 10 years old or younger.
13. I have about 10,000 other reasons, but I'm only 42 years old.

I hope I answered your question.

Have good day and take care.

cheeses_h_rice
02-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I just find it humorous that Cubs fans come-a-trolling only when they do something positive.

It's never a casual stroll past this message board and at some random time make a statement or comment about baseball.

Hmm. Isn't that an interesting coincidence?

:)

StepsInSC
02-18-2004, 09:24 PM

I don't get why you misspell half the words you use.

Thunderstruck30
02-18-2004, 09:31 PM
I dont hate the Cubs, I hate their fans and all the hype and attention they get. The Cubs dont deserve any more respect than they already get. I say go ahead and win the World Series this year. Afterwards, we'll see if anyone outside of Chicago will give a crap about you long suffering fans and your pathetic excuse for a franchise. And well see how you like it then.

Hangar18
02-18-2004, 11:49 PM
NightHawk ...... Give me a break. Im serious. Give me a Break.
Its been explained, argued, pointed out, pleaded, and proven Why SOX fans HATE the cubs so much. You act like we just decided to hate them for No Real Reason. If that were the case, it would indeed be tragic. The cubs have given me well over 10,000 reasons to hate them, from their Stupid Fans (yes, dumbest in all 4 major sports) Media Loving them for no reason over the years and on and on .......blah blah blah.
Just for arguments sake, i'll put a couple reasons here for your
Enjoyment nitehawk.

1. Cubs refusal to go to the Western Division citing they would "lose their fanbase" as the reason. nevermind that the reds had to play all their games on the WestCoast and being in the eastern timezone. the real reason. $$$$$$$. they would lose some $$$$$$ when they played the Dodgers and Giants extra times. The Cubs were successful in Duping their own fans (remember when I said they were the Dumbest ?) into buying the concept of them "losing their fanbase"

2. Cubs organized a mob and ran the Last Real Commissioner the game ever had, out of office, all simply because they wouldnt go West.

3. Cub fans are some of the dumbest fans Ive ever met

4. Tribune and all major media outlets in this town hype this team incessantly and Very undeservedly , even when theyr losing 100 games a year.

5. All the extra "cublove" and "cubfluff" has resulted in a NEGATIVE Backlash and Lesser MEdia Coverage against my favorite team, the WhiteSox
(yes I know, our owner has made some of the Dumbest Decisions, pr and otherwise in the history of the game. its incredible the rabid support the fans give this team, despite ownership. Lesser fans wouldve had this team sold/moved already) but of course, the Cubune and CubTimes wont
report a story thats right under thier noses.....
These are just a snippet of the reasons WHY I HATE THAT TEAM
with every fiber of my being. Its gotten to the point where I laugh loudly and in the direction of anyone wearing something cubbie. I mock them and make them feel bad for "believing the hype", all the while knowing the More Hype they Get, The LESS the SOX get, and they slowwwwly wittther away......

Basically, the more the Cubs Succeed in this 2 Team Market (hear that Mr Reinsdorf you idiot?) the More the SOX, and thier fans will suffer. Cub success comes at SOX expense....... and I hate them for it ........

Northside fan
02-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Cub success comes at SOX expense....... and I hate them for it ........

Who's fault is that Hangar, Cubs or Sox?

Randar68
02-19-2004, 12:06 AM
from their Stupid Fans (yes, dumbest in all 4 major sports)

Well, I'm glad you didn't include NCAA in that, because Iowa fans have to be the most mentally handicapped fans in the world.

maristsox
02-19-2004, 12:23 AM
when it comes to baseball we got two favorite clubs the GO GO WHITE SOX and whoever plays the scrubs

North siders just don't get it

greenpeach
02-19-2004, 12:51 AM
For the life of me, I can't understand how any non-Cub fan can root for this team after the way that the fans & media treated that poor Steve Bartman kid. His life was threatened & property damaged because he did what all of us would do at a ballgame. The kid reached out for a foul ball. The first few days I thought the furor was pretty funny, but then it turned really ugly. The whole incident began to make me sick. When did the Cubs become Manchester United & their fans hooligans ? Their was no way to rationalize their pathological behavior. Loveable losers my ass !

kittle42
02-19-2004, 01:56 AM

Aside from the utter absurdity of this entire post, I would like to welcome you aboard by informing you that "there," "they're" and "their" are three different words. But congrats on using "there" to mean all three in one post!

kittle42
02-19-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by maristsox
when it comes to baseball we got two favorite clubs the GO GO WHITE SOX and whoever plays the scrubs

North siders just don't get it

I am a lifetime north sider and I get it.

Fridaythe13thJason
02-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by AMestan
5. I'm not a Chicago Wannabe from the North Shore, Lincoln Puke or Lakeview, etc,.

12. When I see their fans cry (grown Men) on National TV, I laugh. However, I could only pray that the National audience realizes that Chicagoans don't cry over a baseball game unless they're 10 years old or younger.

5. Beside a brief trip to California and a little HS time in the suburbs, I've spent my whole life in Lakeview and Lincoln Park. I've always considered myself to be a very real Chicagoan. I hate the attitude of South Siders sometimes that that is "real" Chicago.

12. Well, I think after my whole life of wanting a World Series, I would cry if the White Sox got there and won or lost. I think it's because I care.

3. Cub fans are some of the dumbest fans Ive ever met

Hangar, you can hate the Cubs all you want, but if you really mean that statement, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Sadly, there are fans of few teams who know anything: Cardinals, Both Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Giants, Tigers, Royals, and that might be it.

The Cubs are far from the bottom. Fans of the Angels or Marlins or BlueJays have NO idea what's going on and no sense of history.

CubKilla
02-19-2004, 11:54 AM
NightHawk:

Have fun cheering on the Cubs this season. Just realize that if hell starts to frost over if the Cub make it to the World Series in mine or your lifetime, approximately 1/3 of Chicago will be cheering whole-heartedly for whoever the Cubs are playing. Get used to it. The only baseball team in Chicago that I want to see win, or..... for that matter, play in a World Series is the Chicago White Sox.

CubKilla
02-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
Hangar, you can hate the Cubs all you want, but if you really mean that statement, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Sadly, there are fans of few teams who know anything: Cardinals, Both Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Giants, Tigers, Royals, and that might be it.

The Cubs are far from the bottom. Fans of the Angels or Marlins or BlueJays have NO idea what's going on and no sense of history.

Actually, he's not that far off. I have Cub fans in my family and they recognize there are two types of Cub fans..... the actual CUB fans and the WRIGLEY fans. A Cub fan can talk baseball with you..... contracts, realistic goals, trade possibilities, past trades, rumored trades, drafting, minor leagues, etc. From my Cub fan friends, they'll even admit that Wrigley is filled with approximately 1/3 of these fans for every Cubs home game.

It's the WRIGLEY fans that give the legit Cub fans bad reps. Unfortunately for the diehards, Wrigley is overrun with these morons. ShamME hits a HR, everyone is cheering and high-fiving in front of me wearing Cubs T's, and two of the people in front of me cheering turn to me and ask, "What just happened?" The fans that can't name the Cubs 8 everyday fielder's in a given day? The Cub fans that refer to Kerry Wood as "Kerry Woods"? The frat boys that spend more time gawking at the women rather than what's going on on the field?

I can go on but why bother. Cub fans despise these nitwits as much as Sox fans do. Unfortunately, the media sees sell-outs every Cubs home game because of these rubes then the media goes on to talk about Cub fan "loyalty" and " the best fans in Chicago" BS. These are the fans Hangar is talking about. And when you're at Wrigley, you don't have to look far to find a gaggle of these morons.

Fridaythe13thJason
02-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Actually, he's not that far off. I have Cub fans in my family and they recognize there are two types of Cub fans..... the actual CUB fans and the WRIGLEY fans. A Cub fan can talk baseball with you..... contracts, realistic goals, trade possibilities, past trades, rumored trades, drafting, minor leagues, etc. From my Cub fan friends, they'll even admit that Wrigley is filled with approximately 1/3 of these fans for every Cubs home game.

It's the WRIGLEY fans that give the legit Cub fans bad reps. Unfortunately for the diehards, Wrigley is overrun with these morons. ShamME hits a HR, everyone is cheering and high-fiving in front of me wearing Cubs T's, and two of the people in front of me cheering turn to me and ask, "What just happened?" The fans that can't name the Cubs 8 everyday fielder's in a given day? The Cub fans that refer to Kerry Wood as "Kerry Woods"? The frat boys that spend more time gawking at the women rather than what's going on on the field?

I can go on but why bother. Cub fans despise these nitwits as much as Sox fans do. Unfortunately, the media sees sell-outs every Cubs home game because of these rubes then the media goes on to talk about Cub fan "loyalty" and " the best fans in Chicago" BS. These are the fans Hangar is talking about. And when you're at Wrigley, you don't have to look far to find a gaggle of these morons.

Very good point. Most teams do have these two types of fans, but the Cubs contingent of the moron ones is very large. I would guess its either the cool old park or the fun neighborhood or something, but there's is large. The Dodgers have a large group like this as well.

rdivaldi
02-19-2004, 12:11 PM
I for the life of me can't understand why so many Flubbie fans and media types can't get over the fact that most White Sox fans HATE the Flubbies. Get over it, not everyone is going to like your team.

This ridiculous "cheer for Chicago" stuff is a Flubbie management creation designed to sell more merchandise and draw more people to their crummy ballpark. I can't think of one good reason why I should EVER cheer for the Losers in Blue.

Learn to love the rivalry, it shouldn't offend you...

rdivaldi
02-19-2004, 12:13 PM
I also don't understand why the title of this thread is "I don't get why you're so negative"?

Shouldn't it be "I don't get why you hate the Cubs"?

Maximo
02-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Aside from the utter absurdity of this entire post, I would like to welcome you aboard by informing you that "there," "they're" and "their" are three different words. But congrats on using "there" to mean all three in one post!

From the moment I first read the post......I knew this reply was coming.

ChiSoxBobette
02-19-2004, 12:49 PM
I'm one of the biggest White Sox fans there is and I can tell you one thing for certain if the scrubs get into the World Series vs. the Yankees I will become a Yankee fan - I HATE THE SCRUBS!

GO WHITE SOX !

TommyJohn
02-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by greenpeach
For the life of me, I can't understand how any non-Cub fan can root for this team after the way that the fans & media treated that poor Steve Bartman kid. His life was threatened & property damaged because he did what all of us would do at a ballgame. The kid reached out for a foul ball. The first few days I thought the furor was pretty funny, but then it turned really ugly. The whole incident began to make me sick. When did the Cubs become Manchester United & their fans hooligans ? Their was no way to rationalize their pathological behavior. Loveable losers my ass !

YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!! I said the same thing in another thread
yesterday. The media is invoking Bartman's name again today,
especially Psycho Mariotti, who will keep mentioning Bartman in
every Cub column he writes. It is utterly sickening.

Fridaythe13thJason
02-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!! I said the same thing in another thread
yesterday. The media is invoking Bartman's name again today,
especially Psycho Mariotti, who will keep mentioning Bartman in
every Cub column he writes. It is utterly sickening.

Saying that is like saying how can anyone root for the White Sox because their fans run on the field and attack people.

minastirith67
02-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

To be honset, I wish there were more Cubs fans on here, not trolls, who would share their opinions of baseball. Diversity is a good thing for this board.

rdivaldi
02-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Saying that is like saying how can anyone root for the White Sox because their fans run on the field and attack people.

Except for the fact that none of the people that attacked umps in the Cell were Sox fans.

That's actaully pretty sad.

Randar68
02-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by rdivaldi
Except for the fact that none of the people that attacked umps in the Cell were Sox fans.

That's actually pretty sad.

1) Randy Meyer's drop kick of a fan rushing the field
2) Julian Tavarez's comments about a SF fan and Jump-kick of a batter charging the mound
3) Grabbing Chad Krueter's hat
4) Throwing a cell phone onto the field
5) Blaming the Sox for the dead Ivy but it was simply fertilizer burn
6) CORK
7) Dusty Baker's comments (white boys cain't handle the heat)

I don't understand why the Sox take the hit for 2 doped up guys who decided to attack a coach of another team and a Cubs fan who runs on the field and falls into the ump...

Yeah, we have no reasons to hate the Cubs, and that is simply the tip of the iceberg.

rdivaldi
02-19-2004, 02:20 PM
I don't understand why the Sox take the hit for 2 doped up guys who decided to attack a coach of another team and a Cubs fan who runs on the field and falls into the ump...

Yeah, we have no reasons to hate the Cubs, and that is simply the tip of the iceberg.

Don't forget, we're the "Smut Sox"...

Tekijawa
02-19-2004, 02:44 PM
While I do hate the Cubs and wish awful things happen to them this year... please don't think my hatred begins and ends there. I also hate a lot of other people...

I hate the people on the "L" that talk so loud on their Cell Phones that you can hear them 2 cars away. I especially dislike these people when the discussion of who you are sleeping with and various other NON-PUBLIC discussions come up.

I hate people that think the first 3 seconds of a red light means "SPEED UP, YOU CAN MAKE IT!"

I hate people who don't make an effort to speed up in the Cross walk when I'm turning right in my car.

I hate people who hurt other people who they have never met. There are lots of people I know that I would like to hurt, but choose not to, why would I want to bring harm upon someone I don't know?

I Dislike the people who will walk infront of me for 5 blocks and only realize that they need their CTA card out to get on the bus/train once they step to the turnstyle... I knew when I left home/work/the baseball game that I would need my card out why didn't they?

I hate a lot of other things that are non-human... I hate the last beer, Aaron Carter CD's, Bad commercials, celebrity news, UGH (sp?) boots, cigar smoke, service charges, the Jim Roam Show, and baggy pants for women!

See Hawk there are so many other things that I hate, much more than I've listed here, so I don't think that my intense/passionate hatred for a baseball team that until this year, well even somewhat this year, has been over rated should be of too much concern to you...

Iwritecode
02-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
boots,

How can you hate boots? I've got 4 pairs of boots.

Well, actually 5 but one pair is getting so they're not wearable anymore...

Tekijawa
02-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
How can you hate boots? I've got 4 pairs of boots.

Well, actually 5 but one pair is getting so their not wearable anymore...

Ugg boots or what ever they are called, those UGG-ly boots that all the stars are wearing that make them look like Viking fishermen!

Iwritecode
02-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Ugg boots or what ever they are called, those UGG-ly boots that all the stars are wearing that make them look like Viking fishermen!

I see. I guess I'm not up-to-date on the fashion scene because I don't know what you are talking about. The only kind I have are the typical tan (or black) work boots.

Iwritecode
02-19-2004, 03:02 PM
I see. I guess I'm not up-to-date on the fashion scene because I don't know what you are talking about. The only kind I have are the typical tan (or black) work boots.

You're right, they are ugly... (http://www.uggdirect.com/)

Tekijawa
02-19-2004, 03:14 PM
You're right, they are ugly... (http://www.uggdirect.com/)

Oh and they are only $200 now I hate them more! I'll Stick to my Homer Simpson Slippers

http://www.journeys.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?uid=7B269291-2F75-11D8-BA0E-00B0D0680872-36459021&maincatID=1&catID=187&sl=&productID=3199&nEw=1&sku=50552

Sad
02-19-2004, 03:46 PM
I said it before...
I'm a Chicago fan... I'm not negative towards either side of town
I spend money at and very much enjoy both ballparks and seeing both teams WIN... I could care less what the other fans thinks of this... oh the media favors the Cubs... the SOX fans run onto the field... blah blah whine :whiner: this park this that park that :whiner: neither are paying for my tickets, transportation, food, souvenoirs etc.

I never have subscribed to the notion if you like this team you have to hate this team... New York, St. Louis, Houston, California etc. are the ones I want to see lose...

there's people who can't handle alcohol in both parks...
ditto for cell phones, diehards, etc.

dont get me started on cell phones...
how did we survive without them?
sickening...

Jerko
02-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Sad
I said it before...
I'm a Chicago fan... I'm not negative towards either side of town
I spend money at and very much enjoy both ballparks and seeing both teams WIN... I could care less what the other fans thinks of this... oh the media favors the Cubs... the SOX fans run onto the field... blah blah whine :whiner: this park this that park that :whiner: neither are paying for my tickets, transportation, food, souvenoirs etc.

I never have subscribed to the notion if you like this team you have to hate this team... New York, St. Louis, Houston, California etc. are the ones I want to see lose...

there's people who can't handle alcohol in both parks...
ditto for cell phones, diehards, etc.

dont get me started on cell phones...
how did we survive without them?
sickening...

Go Blue? Does that mean you like going to Spartan Stadium too and you don't hate MSU because you like the state of Michigan in general? I know a lot of Wolverine alumni and fans, and NONE of them could stand MSU!

SergeantMahoney
02-19-2004, 03:53 PM

Well, actually 5 but one pair is getting so their not wearable anymore...

Better watch out - misuse of the word "their" tends to anger people around here for some reason.

TommyJohn
02-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by UICJason

Well, my point was that there are some fans who are utter
animals. I pointed out in another thread that Sox fans are
tarred with a broad brush because of Ligue and Dybas, about
whom we still hear jokes and stereotypes. No one, though,
seems to remember all the people (who were greater in
number) who made the lives of Bartman and his family a
living hell. The media (Jay Mariotti, for example) never mention
them, but still harp on Ligue and Dybas. I was pointing out the
double standard. I should've deleted the first sentence from
his quote about "I don't understand how anyone can root for
this team..." because that isn't what I meant.

SSN721
02-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by minastirith67
To be honset, I wish there were more Cubs fans on here, not trolls, who would share their opinions of baseball. Diversity is a good thing for this board.

Although I agree with you, I think you will find that opinions are quite diverse on these boards, sometimes amazes me that all these people who love the same team have such fiercely opposing opinions about directions the team should go, style of play, management. It can get quite nasty on here without any cubs fans influence or input. :D:

hsnterprize
02-20-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla

I can go on but why bother. Cub fans despise these nitwits as much as Sox fans do. Unfortunately, the media sees sell-outs every Cubs home game because of these rubes then the media goes on to talk about Cub fan "loyalty" and " the best fans in Chicago" BS. These are the fans Hangar is talking about. And when you're at Wrigley, you don't have to look far to find a gaggle of these morons. You basically stole my thunder, but the sentiments are all the same. There's a die-hard Cub fan I work with every day, and she tells me the "real" Cubs fane are often overshadowed by the trendy, socialite, "going there to be seen" crowd that are often called "Die-Hard Cubs Fans." This co-worker of mine say the revellers "make real Cubs fans look bad." I totally agreed with her.

chisox56
02-20-2004, 01:33 PM
It seems like cub fans are always wanting sox fans to root for chicago when the cubs make it to the playoffs and the cubs don't. I have two roomates who are cubs fans and last fall when the cubs were in the playoffs I was rooting against the cubs and they got mad because they said I should root for chicago to win. I am not a cubs fan so why should I root for them, I like chicago but if it means rooting for a team I hate then let them be mad at me.