PDA

View Full Version : The genius of Mike Murphy

kittle42
02-18-2004, 01:33 PM
Murph this morning, talking about how it's good to have Dusty Baker and Ozzie as managers, says the following (I am paraphrasing): "It's better to have former players. Look at when Riggleman was here. No player is going to respect a guy like that who never played a game."

Um, I can think of plenty of guys who never played a day and were quite respected.

MikeKreevich
02-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Sounds like a candidate for Who You Crappin.

Dick Allen
02-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Murphy's head was too high in the clouds ( or maybe somewhere else) being so giddy about his Flubbies.

poorme
02-18-2004, 02:30 PM
I think he's right.

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Murph this morning, talking about how it's good to have Dusty Baker and Ozzie as managers, says the following (I am paraphrasing): "It's better to have former players. Look at when Riggleman was here. No player is going to respect a guy like that who never played a game."

Um, I can think of plenty of guys who never played a day and were quite respected.

mind you, riggleman's better than dusty...although you'll never hear it from those morons
OH...AND.....where was murphy when riggleman got the cubs to the nlds in 98? wasnt he a genius then?
Gene

skottyj242
02-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Didn't Kenny Williams play?

santo=dorf
02-18-2004, 08:18 PM
The Cubs sure respected Bruce Kimm in 2002 I wonder if Murph still wants a 6-man rotation so Juan Cruz can get some playing time.

santo=dorf
02-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
Didn't Kenny Williams play?

Yeah, and he put up better numbers with the Sox than Corky did with the Sox.

Hangar18
02-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Murphy is a complete moron. He doesnt realize how STUPID
he sounds when hes defending/talking/planting/rooting outwardly for the cubs when hes on the air. He sounds like some drunk fan in a tavern who happened to steal 30 mins or so on the air, and now gets his chance. Even when not talking baseball, and interviewing someone regarding Hockey, he will
Use Kiley-isms to include the CUbs somewhere in his conversation. ON talking to a bulls player regarding their losing "well....be glad you dont have to deal with the bleacher bums" or on a certain agents penchant for driving up player salaries "sounds like hes a had a few too many over at Murphys Bleachers"
Murphy is the worst type of announcer out there......biased and not able to give any critical thinking outside his fuzzy blue realm.
Mike Murphy and Mike Kiley are the most Dangerous of Morons out there. They are Morons with an Agenda