PDA

View Full Version : Not worried...I teach history

Clembasbal
02-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Because of history and how wonderful it is, and how much it repeats itself...I am not worried.

Whenever the Cubs have a good season, the next few suck. They aren't a bother to me, because I know in May and June I will be laughing at Moranatti and other Cub fans when they say, "Wait till Next Year!" and blame it on management, even though it has done everything it can. Wood will be gone after the year, Rangers have a lot of room now to sign him. Zambrano is not that good, he will faulter, and Clement is so on-again off-again that he will walk over 100 this year and stink badly. Mad Dog is like Pippen I believe, and he was holding out for 3 years! Ha, he will win 300 but that is about it...Steve Carlton?

The Sox might have a poor season, but Mags still wants to come back. If we clear up some salary then we can sign him. After this year Frank and PK are more than likely going to be gone...more payroll. Sox are consistant, and almost always have been. We stay consistant and Ozzie gets them going, the new blood wil feed off of him and maybe KW will make a late season move, he has been known to do that (history baby).

Rocky Soprano
02-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Man do I hope you are right! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 12:31 PM
frank will decide if he wants to leave..he can refuse a trade, and he can opt for free agency..with this market...i think he's staying
Gene

SEALgep
02-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
frank will decide if he wants to leave..he can refuse a trade, and he can opt for free agency..with this market...i think he's staying
Gene But Premeir guys have a tendancy to not stay on the same team their entire careers. It's history, right Clembasbal. :smile:

Iwritecode
02-18-2004, 12:58 PM
History sure didn't repeat itself last year when a Chicago team won a post-season series for the first time since ???

chisox56
02-18-2004, 01:05 PM
The cubs have stunk the season after they make the playoffs or have a winning record. 1998 they win the wildcard, look at 1999 didn't they finish last in the division or they were really close. 2001 they had a winning record which is rare. 2002 they finish last in the division. 2003 they make the playoffs, prediction for 2004 a losing record.

ewokpelts
02-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
But Premeir guys have a tendancy to not stay on the same team their entire careers. It's history, right Clembasbal. :smile:

no one else is willing to pay him what he wants...he's retiring as a sox player...provided he quits after 06...if not...who knows...
Gene
:mkillcub

Brian26
02-18-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by chisox56
The cubs have stunk the season after they make the playoffs or have a winning record. 1998 they win the wildcard, look at 1999 didn't they finish last in the division or they were really close

That '98 team was a hodge-podge makeshift pile of crap that lucked into the playoffs on the last day of the season with a 1-game playoff. The 2003 team was decent, but they've done a hell of a job of improving it over the winter.

Deadguy
02-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
no one else is willing to pay him what he wants...he's retiring as a sox player...provided he quits after 06...if not...who knows...
Gene
:mkillcub

The Dodgers would be willing to pay the remainder of the current contract. After 2006, I wouldn't be surprised if Frank returns to the South Side, though, provided KW is gone.