PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans Dont Worry!

habibharu
02-18-2004, 09:50 AM
let the media and dumbass fans sip all of the scrub koolaid that they want! it will just hurt more when we laugh in their faces when the 'stros win the division!

Iwritecode
02-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by habibharu
let the media and dumbass fans sip all of the scrub koolaid that they want! it will just hurt more when we laugh in their faces when the 'stros win the division!

Sorry, just because we keep repeating it (along with saying Wood and Prior will end up on the DL this year) doesn't mean it will happen...

Kuzman
02-18-2004, 10:46 AM
i dont know maybe if we somehow use the old "hot iron theory" on the cubs it will happen.

ya know how ya tell a kid not to do something or touch something and they go ahead and do it anyway? i.e. a hot iron? maybe if we sit and say ya cubs all the way in '04 will cause one of the biggest flops in history, right up there with arrg cant remember the year '75?

CubKilla
02-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Sorry Sox fans. But the Cubs DESERVE EVERY BIT OF PUBLICITY AND ALL OF THE MEDIA ATTENTION IN THIS TOWN because the Cub Organization has gone out this offseason and ACTED LIKE A LEGITIMATE BASEBALL TEAM THAT INTENDS TO CHALLENGE FOR A WORLD SERIES TITLE.

I thought I'd never say this, but **** the White Sox.

Jerko
02-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Granted, Prior is damn good. Wood, Zambrano, and Clement, while showing flashes of brilliance, are inconsistent. If Zambrano starts this year like he ended last, he's toast. I had Maddox on my fantasy team and know first hand he's not his old self either. Now for the position players; You have Methuslah Alou, Patterson coming off injury, Sammy afraid of getting caught with roids, 2 second basemen who may both suck if they platoon and get bitchy about it, Ramirez is a head case and can have a down month at any time, Gonzales is a nice player but he's no great shakes, and Lee is a good player, and they have the B-Boys, Barret and Bako, at catcher. I just don't think that lineup can carry them as far as they think they're gonna go. Now if the starters are all on all year, they WILL be tough to beat, especially with the bullpen addition of Hawkins (unless he was only good against us that is). I don't really care about the Cubs but I do not think they'll be as good as people think, and if they are, we're just gonna have to bear it, as unbearable as it may be.

Lip Man 1
02-18-2004, 10:57 AM
What does it say about the Sox when we fans think the best thing that can happen would be for the Astros to win their division?

Lip