PDA

View Full Version : My disgust is now complete

duke of dorwood
02-18-2004, 08:56 AM
With the impending signing of Greg Maddux by the Northsiders, I have never felt more "Minor League" as a South Side Sox fan than I do today.
Derek Lee, LaTroy Hawkins, Greg Maddux, Kent Merker, Todd Perry vs. Cliff Politte, Juan Uribe, Robert Person and 8 Free Agents lost.

Congrats to White Sox management. It took my whole life of enduring many off years to have bottomed out today.

Chisox_cali
02-18-2004, 09:06 AM
Oh my god, have I slept through the entire baseball season?! What day is this?! What was the Sox '04 record? Boy is my face red.... I mean, I'm a fan of sleeping in but this is ridiculous! What's the Bears record so far this season? How's Rex doing??

:D:

akingamongstmen
02-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Thank God we play in the AL Central. It's like a T-Ball league compared to every other division in the game.

SSN721
02-18-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Oh my god, have I slept through the entire baseball season?! What day is this?! What was the Sox '04 record? Boy is my face red.... I mean, I'm a fan of sleeping in but this is ridiculous! What's the Bears record so far this season? How's Rex doing??

:D:

Aw man you missed it. Sox swept the Cubs in the series, Willie "Hollywood" Harris won MVP. The Bears are undefeated, well on their way to matching the '72 Doliphins and Rex is in line for MVP and rookie of the year. Too bad you slept through it all. :)

Chisox_cali
02-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
Aw man you missed it. Sox swept the Cubs in the series, Willie "Hollywood" Harris won MVP. The Bears are undefeated, well on their way to matching the '72 Doliphins and Rex is in line for MVP and rookie of the year. Too bad you slept through it all. :)

Blast!!

Fisk Fan
02-18-2004, 09:11 AM
When was the last time the Cubs had back to back winning seasons? Last year, their expectations were low and they had a productive year. This year, their expectations couldn't be higher and I have a feeling that history will repeat itself. Remember, the higher their expectations go, the more it will hurt when it all comes crashing down!

Kilroy
02-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
When was the last time the Cubs had back to back winning seasons? Last year, their expectations were low and they had a productive year. This year, their expectations couldn't be higher and I have a feeling that history will repeat itself. Remember, the higher their expectations go, the more it will hurt when it all comes crashing down!

That happens to the White Sox, no doubt. I sure would love it to happen to the Cubs.

Iguana775
02-18-2004, 09:28 AM
the Sox could very well end up winning less games than the Bears this year. lol

34 Inch Stick
02-18-2004, 09:30 AM
The great thing about wishing ill on the Cubs in the past is that they would be lucky to win regularly in any given year (I include last year as lucky). This year they will be lucky to lose regularly. As much as it pains me you have to give it to them, their management put them in a position to challenge for the World Series.

Kilroy
02-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
As much as it pains me you have to give it to them, their management put them in a position to challenge for the World Series.

Fortunately for us, there's still the inescapable fact that they actually have to play the games. Looking like a series contender on paper and looking like one on the field are 2 totally different things...

Hokiesox
02-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Wouldn't it be great to watch the Cubs choke in the WS? I mean, I don't want them winning the NLCS either, but watching them choke on the biggest stage of all would be classic TV.

Do you think ESPN would make that an "instant classic?"

34 Inch Stick
02-18-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Fortunately for us, there's still the inescapable fact that they actually have to play the games. Looking like a series contender on paper and looking like one on the field are 2 totally different things...

The greater the anticipation, the greater the possible dissapointment and for me the greater the joy. However, with that pitching staff, it will be hard to ever go on a long losing streak. Sure Maddux may not win 15 this year. However, i will take your money if you want to bet against it. You can plug in 70 wins for that pitching staff without stretching that much.

Fungo
02-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
Wouldn't it be great to watch the Cubs choke in the WS? I mean, I don't want them winning the NLCS either, but watching them choke on the biggest stage of all would be classic TV.

Do you think ESPN would make that an "instant classic?"
Actually, I'd rather not see them even win the division. All the hoopla that went into last years run took enough out of me and even though it work out well for us Sox fans, I much rather not go through it again. This season is primed to be one of my worst as a Sox fan.

Iwritecode
02-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Man, I'd love to know what it's like to have your team look like a series contender on paper before the season starts...

It probably won't happen until:
:selljerry

duke of dorwood
02-18-2004, 10:42 AM
They have solid starting pitching, solid, rebuilt bullpen, depth, and experienced manager in dougout.

We have an incomplete roof and none of the above.

:reinsy

But my kids inheritance grows and I saved money on my car insurance

rmusacch
02-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
With the impending signing of Greg Maddux by the Northsiders, I have never felt more "Minor League" as a South Side Sox fan than I do today.
Derek Lee, LaTroy Hawkins, Greg Maddux, Kent Merker, Todd Perry vs. Cliff Politte, Juan Uribe, Robert Person and 8 Free Agents lost.

Congrats to White Sox management. It took my whole life of enduring many off years to have bottomed out today.

Who is Todd Perry? The Cubs will find a way to blow it. They always do. Prior and Wood's arms are going to fall off from overuse.

kittle42
02-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Come on. The difference is between trying to do something and hoping that something happens while not trying at all. That's why we're all upset.

Jerko
02-18-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Who is Todd Perry? The Cubs will find a way to blow it. They always do. Prior and Wood's arms are going to fall off from overuse.

Maybe he meant Todd Walker, 2B.