PDA

View Full Version : Optimist View?

balboner
02-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Even though a lot of people on this board are freaking out that the Scrubs are paying a 38 yr old pitcher w/a 4.61 ERA on the road (away from a pitcher's park) 24 million dollars, we need to rally around the Sox this season. Let's take a look at some reasons to be optimistic:
- We're in a very weak division, and if one or two players step up, we can be in a good position to win the AL central. Everyone says how Willie or Rowand need to step it up, but how about Konerko and Crede being consistent over the season to give our main 3 (Mags, Frank, and C. Lee) some depth and support.
- IMO, one of the main reasons that we struggled with the Twins is that we had a horrendous time coming back against them and their main relievers, Hawkins and Eddie G. Well, those two are gone, and their bullpen is even more of a question mark than the Sox.
- With our early season series vs the Yankees, a series win could be a great momentum boost for the first few months of the season.
- In regards to the Cubs, the Sox have nothing to lose. Anything less than a World Series ring will disappoint the Cubs, and the Sox have very low expectations. As the Marlins proved last year, anything can happen when you get into the playoffs. Therefore, the Sox should just worry about trying to make the playoffs, and let things happen from there.
- And one last note about Greg Maddux: everyone saying how great he is, the Astros number 5 starter, T. Redding, had a better ERA by more than .20 last year while pitching at tiny Minute Maid, while Maddux was pitching home games in a mammoth park w/some great defensive range players behind him.

soxnut
02-18-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm with ya balboner!!!! :D:

Hangar18
02-18-2004, 09:41 AM
Im not. and all the "Press" we got for the Fans Lashing out
at SoxFest, is now a distant memory. We will get Nothing
from now on, as far as press coverage because the media is going hog wild over this signing

soxnut
02-18-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Im not. and all the "Press" we got for the Fans Lashing out
at SoxFest, is now a distant memory. We will get Nothing
from now on, as far as press coverage because the media is going hog wild over this signing

So what............

And really, I guess I'm not watching closely enough or the wrong outlets. I watched the WGN New at Noon, and I expected more hoopla than there was, so what are you talking about?

Why should the Sox get any press coverage right now? What are the Sox doing at this moment? The Cubs heve done what they wanted to do, and they deserve credit for it whether you like it or not....sorry. It sucks, but that's the way it is for the moment. The games still have to be played. :D: