PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

chisox06
02-18-2004, 12:12 AM
This is something I have always wondered and recently thought about it again today, wonder if one of you guys knew the anwer.

If a player is traded during the season and the team he is traded from wins the world series, do they get a ring? It would make sense that they would because they contributed to the team, but also, they were not part of the team down the stretch and in the playoffs. I know its completely useless information but Im sure one of you guys got the answer! Always wondered why for some reason.

mike squires
02-18-2004, 12:17 AM
I'm guessing no. I'm pretty sure you have to be associated with the team during the actual series.

Rex Hudler
02-18-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by chisox06
This is something I have always wondered and recently thought about it again today, wonder if one of you guys knew the anwer.

If a player is traded during the season and the team he is traded from wins the world series, do they get a ring? It would make sense that they would because they contributed to the team, but also, they were not part of the team down the stretch and in the playoffs. I know its completely useless information but Im sure one of you guys got the answer! Always wondered why for some reason.

Team's vote on who gets one and who doesn't. If a player made a real contribution, then in all likelihood they will get a ring. They also vote on shares of the winner's $$. Some players get a full share, others get a partial share. On some teams even the batboys and clubhouse guys get cut in. Once all of the shares have been voted on, the total pool is divided out accordingly.

chisox06
02-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
Team's vote on who gets one and who doesn't. If a player made a real contribution, then in all likelihood they will get a ring. They also vote on shares of the winner's $$. Some players get a full share, others get a partial share. On some teams even the batboys and clubhouse guys get cut in. Once all of the shares have been voted on, the total pool is divided out accordingly.

Rex you the man, thanks. I'll sleep easy tonight! :)

doublem23
02-18-2004, 12:49 AM
I recall one of the last world champions to give a ring to a player that had been traded midway through the season, though I can't say who or which team it was...

Kilroy
02-18-2004, 08:27 AM
I heard Jeff Torborg interviewed recently, and he said that he's getting a ring from the Marlins for last year's win.

ode to veeck
02-18-2004, 08:30 AM
Rumored Marlins voted a ring and a half share to Backman

StepsInSC
02-18-2004, 09:28 AM
When is Bartman getting his ring?