PDA

View Full Version : Today's poll

carltonfisk
09-07-2001, 10:51 AM
I just saw the poll on the front page about what ex-Sox pitcher we would like back. I had no idea that we had Wickman. Can someone tell me when we had him? I'm assuming that he was another unproven player we got rid of, then got pretty good once he left.

idseer
09-07-2001, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by carltonfisk
I just saw the poll on the front page about what ex-Sox pitcher we would like back. I had no idea that we had Wickman. Can someone tell me when we had him? I'm assuming that he was another unproven player we got rid of, then got pretty good once he left.

i don't think he ever pitched for the sox, tho he may have been in their system at some point.

i'd like to see mike sirotka back!

PANFIRECRACKER
09-07-2001, 01:23 PM
I think Wickman went to the yankmes in the Sax trade. Anyone know a site for archived trade information?

Joel Perez
09-07-2001, 01:28 PM
There's an Upper Deck 1990 card featuring GUESS WHO as our top prospect. At that point, "What a fine looking man!!!" LOL.

Anyway, he did pitch in our farm system, although the years I cannot remember off the top of my head. And yes, just like we always have, we traded him before he ever had a chance to be part of the pitching staff.

He was a starter in the minors as well before the Yankess converted him to relief.

Paulwny
09-07-2001, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by PANFIRECRACKER
I think Wickman went to the yankmes in the Sax trade. Anyone know a site for archived trade information?

January 10th, 1992: The Yankees trade 2B Steve Sax to the White Sox in exchange for P Melido Perez, Domingo Jean and Bob Wickman.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-07-2001, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
January 10th, 1992: The Yankees trade 2B Steve Sax to the White Sox in exchange for P Melido Perez, Domingo Jean and Bob Wickman.

I remember the day Schueler made that trade. Three pitchers for an over-the-hill infielder made by a young Sox GM trying to fix a perceived problem with a championship-caliber club.

Now, I'm not saying this situation reminds me of any other similar circumstance from the recent past, but...

:)

"That's going too far, PHG!!!"
:hitless :KW